* Free furnished studio apartment
* Salary of 1.8 - 2.5 million KRW per month (about $1,600 to $2,200 USD, tax-deferred)*, depending on location, experience and qualifications. Save up to $15,000 per year!
* Approximately 30+ days of paid vacation
* Allowances for flight costs and more are awarded upon beginning and completion of contract totaling approximately $2,570 USD
* Severance pay equal to one month's salary
* Step-by-step guidance and support throughout application process, including pre-departure orientation
* National Health Insurance coverage
* No program or application fees
* Based on current exchange rate of 1 USD = 1,132 KRW (Korean Won)
Qualification Requirements :
* Citizen of US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa (no exceptions)
* For non-native English speakers: You must have studied in one of the above 7 countries since the 7th Grade (no later)
* Bachelor's degree in any field
* 20-55 years of age
* No criminal record (this includes underage drinking charges, DUI's, misdemeanors, etc), minor traffic offenses are ok
* Strong desire to learn about other cultures
* TEFL certificate strongly recommended before arriving in South Korea*
* A TEFL Certificate course is offered through Greenheart Travel at a discount for those who need to obtain TEFL or TESOL Certification prior to leaving for South Korea.
12 Month Contracts:
* Program dates: August 2013 - September 2014 or February 2013 - March 2014 (deadline passed)
* Program Length: 1 year contract (52 weeks)
* The application for the Fall 2013 start date will be available in March 2013 and must be submitted by May 15th, 2013
* It is highly recommended that applicants begin gathering their documents now
* U.S. applicants are now required to submit an FBI Criminal Record Check. These checks take 3-4 months to complete, so applicants should request an FBI Criminal Record Check as soon as possible.
At Greenheart Travel we are passionate about helping people reach their full potential through unforgettable experiences abroad. Greenheart Travel is a division of the Center for Cultural Interchange, located in Chicago, Illinois. Established in 1985, the Center for Cultural Interchange (CCI) is a 501(c)3 non-profit international exchange organization dedicated to the promotion of cultural understanding, environmental consciousness and world peace.