Teach English in Thailand on a Paid Semester or Summer Contract

Greenheart Travel’s paid English teaching program in Thailand is your chance to make an incredible impact in the classroom while getting paid to travel. Teaching placements are available in local schools in rural and urban communities throughout Thailand.

We also offer a TEFL certification in either Chiang Mai or Hua Hin before you begin teaching.

Program-at-a-Glance:
-Monthly guaranteed salary of at least 30,000 THB per month
-Placements in kindergartens, elementary, middle, and high schools
-Monthly start dates, year round
-All inclusive program with add-ons packaged in: airport pickup, extensive emergency medical insurance for 4 months, accommodation for your training period in Hua Hin or Chiang Mai, all orientation excursions, and more.
-Short contracts (6 weeks, 2 months, 6 months) with the ability to extend as many times as you’d like to for free

Program Fee:
- Teaching Placement Only: $1,570
- Teaching Placement + TESOL course: $2,370
- Summer 6 Week Teaching Program: $1550

• One semester PAID contracts (semesters are around 4 months long but your commitment might be shorter if you arrive in the middle of a semester)
  • 1 week orientation (+ optional 3 week TESOL certification) in either Hua Hin or Chiang Mai
  • Paid summer 6-Week teaching program available
  • Insurance, excursions, and accommodation for your orientation and training period packaged in
  • Full support from Greenheart Travel staff before, during and after your teaching program

Hi Beth! This is what we found: "Yes, we welcome friends and couples to apply and we can place you you so that you can live together! Every applicant can note in their application who they are applying with. We can guarantee placements together so that you can live together, but you may work at different schools within the same city."
Yes, we have a 6 week program in the summertime!
Yes, you learn how to teach IN Thailand and thank god! I had 0 experience besides babysitting (which doesn't even count) with teaching and the TESOL course prepares you as much as possible for the real thing. However, the real thing is a bit different than the classroom prep you do during the course because every school and every grade is different throughout the country. With that being said, I...

• Benefits 9.4
  • Facilities 8.8
  • Instruction 9
  • Difficulty 6.5
  • Job Assistance 9.8
Marina

Teach English in Thailand - Travel for a Change!

My time teaching in Thailand has been nothing short of amazing, and I wouldn’t have been able to do it without Greenheart Travel. I signed up for the one-month Chiang Mai TESOL course in the end of 2016, and I am still teaching in Thailand till this day!

I can’t get enough - every day holds a new adventure and a new experience.
The friendships I have made through Greenheart Travel and with fellow English teachers in town are truly unbreakable bonds.

I would have never been as successful in my teaching career in Thailand if it were not for Greenheart Travel.
They supplied me with packets and packets of information - from what clothes to pack, Thai culture and customs, and what to expect in the classroom. Sara T was extremely helpful, and would respond to questions so quickly. The entire process was so smooth.

It can be pretty daunting to pack up your life in a suitcase and buy a one-way ticket to a country on the other side of the world. But with Greenheart Travel, they ease every worry you may have. I highly recommend signing up for this life changing experience - don’t hesitate! Travel for a change! 💚

Abby

Best Decision I've Ever Made!

When I started thinking about teaching in Thailand, I was very overwhelmed by all the options I found online. You could go a totally DIY route (doing your TESOL online and finding your own placement) or go with a program that would hold your hand throughout the whole process. I was very uncertain about spending so much money to have someone help me with a process that I could have done myself, but ultimately the fact that I'd never traveled alone before (much less to somewhere as different as Asia) and the real teaching experience during the course IN the country I'd be teaching in were the two things that really swayed me.
The orientation week was so exciting and so memorable - although it did feel like a summer camp at times. But being able to meet and bond with other people going through the exact same situation as me during that first month absolutely made my time after the course a lot easier. In addition, once you graduate the course, you're connected on facebook with an entire network of other people in Thailand who are teaching and went through the program as well. So we got a bunch of teaching resources and ideas in the course, but then that network of people is a gift that keeps on giving! The program also gives you essentially lifetime in-country support, so if you ever have any issues post-program, the staff are still there for you and will help you as much as they can.
One thing I wasn't quite expecting, but really appreciated, was how much work we had to do for the TESOL course. We had homework to do almost every night during the course! I've heard of some programs that are basically just a party and you don't really learn much in your course, but this one wasn't like that at all. We learned a TON and it really prepared me to be in the classroom. Even though it was a lot of work we still a lots of fun in and out of the classrooms!

Looking back on the course, it seemed that a lot of the info and tips in the course would be more useful for teaching younger children. As someone that went on to teach high schoolers, I felt that there could have been more tips/strategies/information for dealing with older students. I managed to figure things out on my own, but I felt out of my element with the older kids for the first few weeks.
Katie

Life in Thailand

After I graduated from college I knew I wanted to travel. However I took a full time position after graduating with my masters. I became extremely fatigued with my job and decided it was time to take the risk and move abroad! I found greenheart online and contacted them right away! I couldn’t be happier that I did. I went to Thailand on my own. I didn’t know a single person. I now have many life time friends that I met throughout my time teaching in Thailand. I lived in northern Thailand in a tiny town called Mae Chan, chiang rai. Not only did I ride a bike as transportation but I was able to take local transport like buses frequently. Living in such a small town was extremely over whelming at first but ended up being the biggest blessing. I was able to really get to know the local people who lived there and really learn all about Thai culture and my favorite part Thai food!! I taught kindergarten which was yet another over whelming challenge. Although it was definitely challenging I grew to love those little kids and would not have chosen anything else. This trip gave me the courage to do so many things I never would have before. Just a few are trying new foods, traveling alone ( and we all know how scary that is as a woman), meeting new people, and navigating a foreign country and language. If I could give a single tip to anyone considering doing something like I did I would say go for it!! There is not a single second that I regret making the decision to go with greenheart and travel over seas to teach in Thailand. It was a life changing experience and will really show you how resilient you are as a person. My favorite memory while in Thailand is living in Hua Hin with my 8 roommates. We became so close and still talk to this day. We are actually planning trips to travel and visit each other as we speak! We were able to travel all over Thailand to visit each other’s prescriptive cities and even meet up on one of the islands in Thailand! I can’t say enough good things about this experience for me! So thanks greenheart for not just connecting me with a program abroad but giving me life long friendships, memories, and experiences that I will absolutely never forget!

Love,
Katie

I believe the placements for teachers could be improved by giving teachers more options. Although I do believe it all works out for the best. At least it did for me.
Moniquee

Worth it, trust me.

Going through programs can be quite the journey if you pick the right one. Greenheart was worth the money. They fill you in on Visas, budgets, schedules, expectations, etc. Greenhart offered so much more than the other partnering companies after talking to other friends. From the culture book, tshirts and assistance in the application process, I was beyond happy to have selected this program. If you have any question the reply is within hours and Sarah is one of the most helpful and friendly people on Staff.

Thanks Greenheart!

Moniquee Brown

A little more information on the partner program Xploreasia. I felt like I didn't know anything until I got to Thailand.
Alexandria

Fantastic Experience in a Comprehensive Program

In 2017, I went to teach in Thailand through the Greenheart Travel program. Specifically, I taught science at a high school in a medium/large town in the Isaan region for one year. I fell in love with Thailand, and much of it was owed to my positive experience with Greenheart! I've listed some of the most helpful aspects of the program below:

- Pre-departure support: Right away Greenheart made it a point to make sure I felt completely prepared for the trip. From Visa help to packing lists, welcome packages, and alumni support, Greenheart made me feel at ease uprooting my life and moving across the globe!
- In-Country Partnership: Greenheart partners with another fantastic company called XploreAsia that is responsible for getting you TESOL/TEFL certified in country. I chose to do the month-long course in Chiang Mai, and it was absolutely wonderful! Greenheart would check in throughout this process, which was nice! [Also, I was there during Songkran which I highly recommend!]
- Continued support throughout my year placement in Thailand
- Alumni discounts on future programs

Overall, I am extremely pleased with my Greenheart experience in Thailand and I plan to do another program with them in the future!

There are not much improvements I would suggest for this program, and those I would suggest are minor. For example, the packing lists are a little overboard, as most things can be bought in Thailand without issue.
group photo
Jeff

The Perfect Introduction

Making the decision to move to the other side of the planet and take on a brand new job in a completely foreign environment takes an incredible amount of will power in itself. Then having to answer the mountain of how, what, when, where questions can feel overwhelming. Greenheart simplifies all of that. Their incredibly knowledgeable and friendly staff makes the paperwork a breeze and helps build your confidence with every step of preparation. I couldn’t have asked for a smoother transition!

Orientation was surreal. Wandering the streets of Bangkok that first day. Being exposed to the beauty of Thailand in the beach town of Hua Hin. Best of all, was the experience of taking on this adventure with many other future life long friends. Truely the importance of doing this orientation and course can’t be overstated if only for the opportunity to share the newness of it all with a group you’ll quickly fall in love with.

If you’re reading this, know you’ve already overcome the hardest hurdle. Just considering an adventure like this, even starting to daydream about moving abroad is proof of the confidence you can do this. Don’t let the questions overwhelm you. Don’t let the process deter you. Do this.

Be up front in the advertising of the program about the partnership with XploreAsia and their end in running the actual course/orientation. While both Greenheart and XploreAsia had terrific staff and did an excellent job it would have been nice knowing initially that we’d signing up and working through multiple organizations.
Natalie

Great experience for cultural exchange

Greenheart helped me have an amazing experience in Thailand. I asked to be placed in a medium sized town with at least one other foreign teachers, and my placement perfectly fit that request. I love this community and I have learned so much about Thailand. I've befriended locals as well as other foreigners. The pay is good and my agency is super helpful! Sara at Greenheart helps answer all of my questions. The only thing that I found confusing at first is that a seperate company, XploreAsia, actually runs the TESOL course and organizes placements, but that is not a big deal. I am about to start my second semester (I originally only planned to stay for one) and I am excited to continue teaching here in Thailand!!

No complaints, everything was fine.
Lisa

Amazing Experience

I am very thankful for Greenheart giving me the adventure of a lifetime. They made moving to Thailand a very easy experience. They were able to answer all my questions, which made me feel much more comfortable with everything. Once I moved to Thailand I found myself trying out new adventures and having experiences of a lifetime. Living in Thailand really taught me a lot about myself and helped me grow as a person.

Continue updating it's documents
Kathryn

Greenheart made Thailand SO easy

Greenheart made my time in Thailand not only possible, but really easy. Embarking on a huge trip by yourself, or even with friends, can be a really intimidating thing, particularly when you're committing to many months or even a year. Thailand was a place I'd heard a lot about, but it hadn't hit its social media stride the way it has now, so I really knew nothing about it. Greenheart provided me with so much information and such great resources that I never really felt nervous or unsure. My contact was Sara Dorsey (I'm sorry I know you have a new name now but I can't remember what your married name is!!) and she was incredibly knowledgeable, willing to answer as many weird questions that I could come up with, and was SO responsive whenever I needed anything. Having a company genuinely "be there" is rare, and I found this organization totally was! I highly recommend Greenheart to anyone who asks me about my travels -- if I recommend it to my friends, siblings, friends-of-friends, etc. then I DEFINITELY recommend it to you, too!

I had no issues with Greenheart. The key, in my opinion, for the success of both your company and your participants is ample information and a good response rate, both of which I found you already had.
Jennalyn

Phuket: not what I expected

Being placed in Phuket was shocking to me, as all I knew about the island was it's party reputation. I had no idea that the island itself was so vast, beautiful, and authentically Thai.

The school I was placed at was a municipal school with about 1500 students K-6. I taught every grade level, but primarily focused on EP1 and EP6. Being a government school, there was always a bit of red tape, but I connected with my Thai teachers almost right away as they were so welcoming and smilely and they made the transition so much easier. The school gave us a lot of freedom: freedom in what to wear, how to conduct our lessons, how to grade our students. I don't think this was the typical experience for teachers in Thailand, but the autonomy made the job really enjoyable. Of course the best part of every day was the kids - despite not speaking the same language, we could still laugh and learn together. I loved teaching my kids English songs that we could sing together, and they loved performing them for me!

Phuket quickly won me over, and my visions of drunk tourists and buckets were only partially true. Yes, Phuket is a party island brimming with tourists - but that's only one small part. The other 40km of the island is untouched and beautifully Thai. I bought my dinner from the local market every night, conversing in my broken Thai; I would watch the sunset from a beach where I was the only farang; my motorbike got me around the island every day.

The TESOL course was a ton of fun and I loved it, but it became quite monotonous when we were presenting lesson plans every day. Maybe finding a different way to teach the lessons?
Autumn

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it!

As an educator in America and feeling defeated with the politics that make teaching in America a challenge I decided to go to Thailand on a whim! I raced through the process and arrived a terrified, isolated and distraught human. I thought what have I done!? Adjusting to a new culture is challenging and I thought just making it on the long flight was facing my fears. The amazing part of my year abroad is that it seemed to surface some fears that I had buried away. I switched locations mid year and lived down by the islands. The town that I lived in opened my eyes! I connected with the local Thai people, my students and many foreigners. I allowed myself to truly embrace life in a different set of eyes. It’s safe to say there is more than one way to live life! Thai people keep it simple. “Have you eaten? Are you happy?” Mind blowing. It was only upon return that I realized how complicated we make life in America. They keep it simple and stress free. To say that Thailand changed my life is an understatement. I grew in unexpected ways and I let go of unnecessary fears. I would highly recommend going abroad with Greenheart Travel. Ask any questions and they are very supportive! If you’re looking to challenge yourself in ways you never imagined, laugh at things that are so unfamiliar from your own culture, than your ready for a journey of lifetime. Don’t second guess yourself! Doooo it!

profile picture
Kelsey

Teach in Thailand with Greenheart Travel

I am so pleased I chose Greenheart Travel to help me through the process of teaching in Thailand. They have been super supportive from the time of the initial application to periodically checking in on my experience in Thailand as a teacher. They also were very transparent and honest on details of what to expect once you get to Thailand. Sarah Thacker was my main person of contact at Greenheart and she has been great! She's authentic and sells the program from her heart. You can tell she loves what she does and supports this life changing experience. If you are currently researching the many overseas teaching programs and having difficulty choosing one, chose Greenheart Travel; you won't be disappointed.

I would love to see teaching opportunities added in Africa
Ryan

Greenheart review

I would definitely recommend coordinating an overseas teaching experience through Greenheart travel. They are good people with experience in helping you get overseas. In my own case they helped me with a teaching placement that was also handled by an agency in Thailand. Fortunately, since I had teaching qualifications and experience Greenheart helped me with a placement only. When I was there I met someone with similar experience, the company she went through made her buy a TEFL course she already did and didn't need. They basically told her that there was no other option and she had to do it. So she had to pay more money for something she didn't need. I can't say how happy I am that I went through Greenheart. They recognized the qualifications I already had and helped me coordinate a placement without trying to squeeze any more money out of me. They were also responsive to all my questions prior to leaving. If there were ever a problem I trust that they would be helpful in finding a solution.

Erin

Teaching in Thailand

Greenheart is a great organization to use if you want to teach abroad. After doing a lot of research on different organizations, Greenheart was the most comprehensive, cost effective and organized. Once we began the application process it was clear we made the right choice choosing Greenheart. Sara was beyond helpful. Any question I had day or night, I could email her and she would get back to me right away. She helped me from becoming stressed out during the application process and time leading up to departure! They send you lots of helpful material about Thailand, teaching abroad and what you can expect with both while abroad. We had a wonderful time teaching in Krabi Thailand and had it not been for Greenheart we never would have gotten to have this incredible experience!

Leah

An awesome experience!

Deciding to teach abroad is a huge decision and deciding what company to go through can be really overwhelming and stressful. I can honestly say Greenheart Travel made it SO much easier! Sara is incredibly knowledgeable and replied to all of my emails (and I sent her a ton of emails) in a very timely manner. Greenheart breaks down everything that needs done into a manageable timeline, provides feedback on your Thai resume, sets you up with Thai insurance, and helps you with all of the paperwork needed to apply for a visa. They also send a packing list and a guidebook that were so helpful! Once I got to Thailand, Sara reached out on multiple occasions to check in and make sure everything was going well. If you have any interest in teaching abroad, I would definitely recommend reaching out to Greenheart Travel! I will 100% be using them again for future travels!

About Greenheart Travel

Greenheart Travel is excited to provide authentic cultural immersion experiences for teenagers and adults in countries all over the world. Our programs include volunteer opportunities, short and long term teaching contracts and work and internship...