Paid Teach English in Thailand Program with Greenheart Travel

Thailand Waterfall
Monkey Moutain, Hua Hin
Monkey Moutain, Hua Hin
Kulsirisart School

Greenheart Travel’s paid English teaching program in Thailand is your chance to make an incredible impact in the classroom while getting paid to travel. We also offer a TESOL certification in either Chiang Mai or Hua Hin before you begin teaching if you are not yet certified.

Program-at-a-Glance:
- Monthly guaranteed salary of at least 30,000 THB per month
- Placements in kindergartens, elementary, middle, and high schools
- Monthly start dates, year round
- All inclusive program with add-ons packaged in: airport pickup, extensive emergency medical insurance for 4 months, accommodation for your training period in Hua Hin or Chiang Mai, all orientation excursions, and more.
- Short contracts (6 weeks, 2 months, 6 months) with the ability to extend as many times as you’d like to for free

• One semester PAID contracts (semesters are around 4 months long but your commitment might be shorter if you arrive in the middle of a semester)
  • 1 week orientation (+ optional 3 week TESOL certification) in either Hua Hin or Chiang Mai
  • Paid summer 6-Week teaching program available
  • Insurance, excursions, and accommodation for your orientation and training period packaged in
  • Full support from Greenheart Travel staff before, during and after your teaching program

You need to have your original degree with you and authenticated by the government. It can be done in Thailand too, but don’t count on that. To get a work permit you will also need to get a non-b visa, which the schools/agencies help you obtain. You can’t get a work permit without the proper visa.

Yes! We can place friends/couples/siblings together!

Hi Cheyna. We don't allow dependents on the program. They're welcome to come to Thailand and join you once you're settled in your job and apartment, but we cannot support them as part of the program with things like visas, support, airport pickup, orientation excursions, etc.

Hi Beth! This is what we found: "Yes, we welcome friends and couples to apply and we can place you you so that you can live together! Every applicant can note in their application who they are applying with. We can guarantee placements together so that you can live together, but you may work at different schools within the same city."

• Benefits 9.4
  • Facilities 8.6
  • Instruction 9.3
  • Academic Rigor 6.3
  • Job Assistance 9.8
J.C.
No, I don't recommend this program

Greenheart Travel WON'T support you!

I experienced a misunderstanding between myself and XploreAsia during the placement portion of my TESOL course. Instead of supporting me and seeking resolution the Senior Program Manager at Greenheart Travel sent me an aggressive email in an attempt to put me in my place. This made my placement process even more difficult while navigating culture differences.

I paid a premium to work with Greenheart Travel again and expected a higher level of support while aboard. It was only after a string of emails with the Director of Greenheart Travel that any wrong doing was admitted.

I would recommend saving your money and going with a cheaper organization that might offer better support and act more professional towards participants.

I would suggest Greenheart Travel provides better training to it's staff to act in an empathetic and professional manner. They should strive to reach understandings between partner organizations and participants when conflicts arise.
Response from Greenheart Travel

Hi John. Thank you for your feedback! We always appreciate learning how we can do better, and we’re glad your conversations with the Director of Greenheart Travel helped clear up the misunderstandings from both sides. We’re glad you received a placement that you enjoy!

Lindsay

Teaching in Bangkok

I absolutely loved green heart they were beyond helpful with everything I needed and with preparing for my trip.
Kara was absolutely amazing and made the entire process very easy and with very minimal stress. She kept me on schedule and if I had forgotten to do anything she was always there to remind me.
Great organization, very efficient, great communication, great team

They checked in regularly and throughout the entire process of planning the trip it can be overwhelming and stressful. For myself the entire visa process and trying to book everything in time was overwhelming, Kara and greenheart coach you through the entire process and make sure all forms and documents are completed to standard for nothing is a surprise for your arrival

Betsy

An Awesome Program

I usually never leave reviews for things, but looking back I am so incredibly grateful to Greenheart for all that they provided that I felt like I had to. This program is awesome. I am currently teaching in Bangkok and having the time of my life. Moving halfway around the world is obviously a little scary and can be daunting at times but Greenheart did an awesome job of setting expectations and being upfront and forthcoming with all necessary information. I also want to give a special shoutout to Kara, who was so gracious as to welcome me and my much more anxious mom to the office to meet and go over any questions we had. She really went above and beyond and I am so grateful for that. Greenheart is easy to keep in contact with and did a great job of establishing a personal connection so I never felt alone going on this adventure.

Ask any questions you have! They will have an answer for you! But don't stress about it too much, it will all come together.
Sarah

Greenheart changed my life

Living and working Thailand was one of the most amazing things I have ever done and it wouldn't have been possible with Greenheart. Or at least it would have been much, much harder. They prepared me so well before I left the United States, helping with each and every step along the way. The Thai visa process is a bit complicated but the staff at Greenheart made it seem so easy. Once arriving in Thailand, we were transferred to a company called Xplore Asia, which was not made clear before leaving, but worked out extremely well. Greenheart was still approachable and helpful throughout the entire time I was living in Thailand, as well as the amazing staff at Xplore Asia. This is definitely a lifetime experience that everyone should have! I am so grateful for the time I spent there and everything I learned.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Thailand definitely expanded my palate, especially in the edible insect department. I ate A LOT of crickets, a scorpion, and a spider. I'd recommend the crickets, but nothing else :)
Hannah

When can I go again?!

My partner and I were placed to teach in the same town, even the same school during our time in Thailand. Before we went overseas, we had plenty of questions and Greenheart was easy to reach, patient, and so kind! We felt prepared and knew expectations/next steps for every part of our journey. Once we went overseas, the partner organization was incredibly helpful throughout our experience including navigating visas, Thai culture, and teaching! As for Thailand, an absolutely magical place. We were paid well enough to live comfortably and save some for travelling around Southeast Asia.
Tips for Thailand: embrace the bum gun, bring coffee from home if you like coffee, prepare for sugar to be added into everything!
10/10 I would recommend again!

Stay as long as you can! Additionally, take time to visit as many regions of Thailand as you can! The country has so much to offer! If you find yourself driving a scoot scoot, be sure to wear your helmet. Every. Single. Time!
Kerstyn

Great experience

Greenheart travel was great! There was a lot of support leading up to me leaving for Thailand. I would have been completely lost without their help and honestly I don’t think I would have ever moved to Thailand without their guidance. Once we arrived they set us up with another company but continued to check in a few more times. I am very happy with my experience with Greenheart.
I ended up spending one semester in Northern Thailand in a small town called Mae Chan located in Chiang Rai. I couldn’t have asked for a better placement. The town was absolutely beautiful. We had everything that I needed including a gym and a big Tesco. My students were incredible however they did challenge me on a daily basis. I will forever be happy that I went.

Jump right in. You really don’t know what to expect until you arrive in another country. Be open minded and appreciate the hard moments as an opportunity to grow and the good moments as a times that you will not ever forget.
William

Cultural immersion at its finest

Greenheart Travel was incredibly helpful in connecting us with Xplore Asia and helping us to get our feet on the ground in Thailand. The coordinators helped to calm our nerves about our trip and we felt we were treated with kindness and compassion throughout our time working with Greenheart Travel. If you are looking for an incredible experience and immersion in a beautiful culture I would highly suggest this program. Working with the kids has been my favorite work experience so far. I feel that I grew significantly in this program. One of the best parts was that my wife and I were placed in the same school, so if you looking for a program that accommodates couples, look no further! If you're a foodie this is definitely the right program for you. 10 out of 10 would recommend this experience to anyone.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
I ate a silk worm while I was traveling on a weekend in Cambodia
Danielle

5-Star Support

I did plenty of research about teaching abroad before choosing Greenheart Travel. TEFL certification and placement programs come a dime a dozen now. The difference with Greenheart, though is I felt support from initial contact even up to now almost a year later. The school yera has concluded and the memories I've made as a EFL teacher in Thailand I owe much of the smooth transition to Greenheart.

I appreciated that my questions were answered promptly and the staff were helpful and professional. Their partner in Asia that actually handles the teacher placement portion on the ground work well with the Greenheart setup.

Although I have a masters degree and prior TEFL certification, I chose to add on the optional TEFL course. I highly recommend you so so too! If you've taught in a classroom before, great. But teaching in Thailand, to Thai kids, in a Thai school setting will be very different. The TEFL course not only included a jam-packed orientation week, but the conclusion of the course required a 2-day teaching camp and that was life-changing! Those kids changed my ideas about wanting to be a teacher. Their energy, smiles and warmth oozed through my soul. It's because of the TEFL program that I decided I wanted to continue teaching.
Had I just taken my placement after the orientation week and skipped the TEFL course I would've sorely missed bonding experiences with other program mates (some I mad great friends with!), learning valuable techniques to teaching in a Thai classroom, and made transitioning to Thailand life much smoother.

I chose Hua Hin between there or Chiang Mai to do the program because I'm an animal lover and the service project included an animal rescue and sanctuary component.
I was under the impression I'd be doing more service with the program, but it was really just an introduction for the day. I'd say that was a major disappointment. There really was no time during the jam-pakced orientation week to do much else, and definitely not once the TEFL program started. We were busy with homework Every day.
So I wouldn't sell the experience as one that makes a huge distinction between what service project you'll be doing. After realizing it mid-program I'd wish I'd chosen Chiang Mai. I was not a fan of Hua Hin.