• Thailand
Early Childhood Middle School High School University Students

Program Details

Qualifications
  • Fluent English Speaker
  • A TEFL/TESOL certification is required unless you majored in Education (but you can add this on as part of your program!)
  • Ages 20-50
  • Citizen of the US, CA, UK, Ireland, Au, NZ, South Africa
  • Be in great mental and physical health
  • No criminal record (with the exception of traffic or other minor violations)
  • An adventurous attitude and strong flexibility are a must
  • At a minimum, a degree equivalent to a U.S. 4 year bachelor’s degree (non-degree holders available)
  • TESOL Certification is offered (must be completed through this program in Thailand
Classroom Audience
Early Childhood Middle School High School University Students
Weekly Classroom Hours

Pricing

Salary / Benefits
-- Full time, paid teaching placement in Thailand with a guaranteed salary of at least 30,000 THB per month
-- International medical and accident insurance coverage provided
-- Accommodation during orientation
-- TESOL Course Option: hotel accommodation is included for the entire month of your course
-- Extensive international medical and accident insurance coverage provided
-- Accommodation during orientation
-- Pre-departure support and orientation from your experienced Greenheart Travel Program Manager.
-- Airport pickup
-- One week comprehensive orientation upon arrival including all excursions
-- Transfer from Bangkok to Hua Hin for Hua Hin Participants
-- 24 hour in-country support for duration of the program, including a 24/7 emergency phone number

--Note: Prices changes according to type of placement (Placement Only, +TESOL certification course, Summer Program)
What's Included
Some Accommodation Some Activities Some Meals
May 31, 2022
Aug 04, 2022
113 travelers are looking at this program

Greenheart Travel’s paid English teaching program in Thailand is your chance to make an incredible impact in the classroom while getting paid to travel. This is program offer guaranteed placement! Currently only accepting non-degree applicants for our November 28 course.

Program-at-a-Glance:
- Average salary of 34,000 Thai baht per month (~$1100 USD) for degree-holders. Guaranteed minimum of at least 30,000 Thai baht per month
- Placements in kindergartens, elementary, middle, and high schools
-TESOL + Placement - 6,000 baht travel grant to Vietnam or Chiang Mai
- Placement Program (only) - 3,500 baht travel grant to Chiang Mai
- All inclusive program with add-ons packaged in: airport pickup, extensive emergency medical insurance for 6 months, accommodation for your training period, all orientation excursions, and more.
- Short contracts with the ability to extend as many times as you’d like to for free

Program Highlights

• One semester PAID contracts
  • 1 week orientation (+ optional 3 week TESOL certification)
  • Paid summer 7-Week teaching program available
  • Insurance, excursions, and accommodation for your orientation and training period packaged in
  • Full support from Greenheart Travel staff before, during and after your teaching program

• 9-10 rating 86.92%
  • Academic Rigor 6.3
  • Job Assistance 9.8
Skylar

Great support!

I was initially so nervous to travel to Thailand, especially due to the COVID pandemic- I even put it off for another 6 months because of this! But I could not say enough good things about Greenheart and how they helped. They completely understood when I wanted to push back my start date, and stayed in contact with me the whole time. At one point, I was even worried I was sending too many emails and annoying them- but they always consistently answered and never seemed annoyed by my anxiety! Right before I was due to leave, I ended up having a ton of visa problems, and they answered almost immediately to help me work through my issues. Luckily, I haven't had many issues since arriving in Thailand, but I know they are just an email away if need be. If you are looking for the opportunity to visit Thailand, I recommend going through Greenheart- this company has your back!

Pros
  • Great support
  • Clear expectations
  • Set you up with all of the right people!
Cons
  • There were a lot of hidden costs when I actually arrived- but Greenheart could not have prevented this, and it isn't their fault.
Response from Greenheart

We appreciate your recommendation and kind words! It's a whole new world out there post-Covid and flexibility, diligence, and good communications make travel go more smoothly for everyone! Thank you for traveling with Greenheart! Enjoy your stay!

Kiana

Worth it!

Everything from the people that I’ve met, the support I’ve received, and the experiences thus far, have been worth taking that leap of faith into the unknown! My journey is only beginning and I’m excited to see what my new home in Thailand holds. I’m looking forward to making a difference by teaching students English as well as getting to know the locals. I know there will be challenges but, that’s all a part of the process. Greenheart was with me every step of the way to prepare me before I left and I would choose them again!

Be flexible and put yourself out there even though it may be uncomfortable at times!
Response from Greenheart

Hi Kiana! Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy that you had a wonderful time. Stay in touch and best wishes on your next adventure!
Greenheart Travel

J.C.
No, I don't recommend this program

Greenheart Travel WON'T support you!

I experienced a misunderstanding between myself and XploreAsia during the placement portion of my TESOL course. Instead of supporting me and seeking resolution the Senior Program Manager at Greenheart Travel sent me an aggressive email in an attempt to put me in my place. This made my placement process even more difficult while navigating culture differences.

I paid a premium to work with Greenheart Travel again and expected a higher level of support while aboard. It was only after a string of emails with the Director of Greenheart Travel that any wrong doing was admitted.

I would recommend saving your money and going with a cheaper organization that might offer better support and act more professional towards participants.

I would suggest Greenheart Travel provides better training to it's staff to act in an empathetic and professional manner. They should strive to reach understandings between partner organizations and participants when conflicts arise.
Response from Greenheart

Hi John. Thank you for your feedback! We always appreciate learning how we can do better, and we’re glad your conversations with the Director of Greenheart Travel helped clear up the misunderstandings from both sides. We’re glad you received a placement that you enjoy!

Lindsay

Teaching in Bangkok

I absolutely loved green heart they were beyond helpful with everything I needed and with preparing for my trip.
Kara was absolutely amazing and made the entire process very easy and with very minimal stress. She kept me on schedule and if I had forgotten to do anything she was always there to remind me.
Great organization, very efficient, great communication, great team

They checked in regularly and throughout the entire process of planning the trip it can be overwhelming and stressful. For myself the entire visa process and trying to book everything in time was overwhelming, Kara and greenheart coach you through the entire process and make sure all forms and documents are completed to standard for nothing is a surprise for your arrival

Betsy

An Awesome Program

I usually never leave reviews for things, but looking back I am so incredibly grateful to Greenheart for all that they provided that I felt like I had to. This program is awesome. I am currently teaching in Bangkok and having the time of my life. Moving halfway around the world is obviously a little scary and can be daunting at times but Greenheart did an awesome job of setting expectations and being upfront and forthcoming with all necessary information. I also want to give a special shoutout to Kara, who was so gracious as to welcome me and my much more anxious mom to the office to meet and go over any questions we had. She really went above and beyond and I am so grateful for that. Greenheart is easy to keep in contact with and did a great job of establishing a personal connection so I never felt alone going on this adventure.

Ask any questions you have! They will have an answer for you! But don't stress about it too much, it will all come together.
Sarah

Greenheart changed my life

Living and working Thailand was one of the most amazing things I have ever done and it wouldn't have been possible with Greenheart. Or at least it would have been much, much harder. They prepared me so well before I left the United States, helping with each and every step along the way. The Thai visa process is a bit complicated but the staff at Greenheart made it seem so easy. Once arriving in Thailand, we were transferred to a company called Xplore Asia, which was not made clear before leaving, but worked out extremely well. Greenheart was still approachable and helpful throughout the entire time I was living in Thailand, as well as the amazing staff at Xplore Asia. This is definitely a lifetime experience that everyone should have! I am so grateful for the time I spent there and everything I learned.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Thailand definitely expanded my palate, especially in the edible insect department. I ate A LOT of crickets, a scorpion, and a spider. I'd recommend the crickets, but nothing else :)
Hannah

When can I go again?!

My partner and I were placed to teach in the same town, even the same school during our time in Thailand. Before we went overseas, we had plenty of questions and Greenheart was easy to reach, patient, and so kind! We felt prepared and knew expectations/next steps for every part of our journey. Once we went overseas, the partner organization was incredibly helpful throughout our experience including navigating visas, Thai culture, and teaching! As for Thailand, an absolutely magical place. We were paid well enough to live comfortably and save some for travelling around Southeast Asia.
Tips for Thailand: embrace the bum gun, bring coffee from home if you like coffee, prepare for sugar to be added into everything!
10/10 I would recommend again!

Stay as long as you can! Additionally, take time to visit as many regions of Thailand as you can! The country has so much to offer! If you find yourself driving a scoot scoot, be sure to wear your helmet. Every. Single. Time!
Kerstyn

Great experience

Greenheart travel was great! There was a lot of support leading up to me leaving for Thailand. I would have been completely lost without their help and honestly I don’t think I would have ever moved to Thailand without their guidance. Once we arrived they set us up with another company but continued to check in a few more times. I am very happy with my experience with Greenheart.
I ended up spending one semester in Northern Thailand in a small town called Mae Chan located in Chiang Rai. I couldn’t have asked for a better placement. The town was absolutely beautiful. We had everything that I needed including a gym and a big Tesco. My students were incredible however they did challenge me on a daily basis. I will forever be happy that I went.

Jump right in. You really don’t know what to expect until you arrive in another country. Be open minded and appreciate the hard moments as an opportunity to grow and the good moments as a times that you will not ever forget.