Teen Summer Spanish Language Camp in Salamanca, Spain

Learn and improve your Spanish through full language and cultural immersion on Greenheart Travel’s summer language camp program, in Salamanca, Spain!

We welcome teen students of all skills, including beginners! Live with a Spanish host family and make international friends from around the world, all while learning about the country and culture of Spain.

Program-at-a-Glance:
- 3 morning classes for 50 minutes Monday through Friday in air-conditioned classrooms
- Classes are taught by native Spanish teachers who specialize in teaching Spanish as a foreign language
- Spanish lessons involve speaking, listening, reading, and writing in small classes with no more than 12 students
- Students receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the course

• Host family accommodation and meals included
  • Medical Insurance and 24/7 Emergency Contact Support during your program
  • Assistance from a personal program manager before, during and after your program
  • Beginner level of Spanish accepted on this program
  • Class sizes are small for more personal attention

Eli

The perfect place to practice Spanish

I loved being surrounded by Spanish on the daily. And the classes in Spanish made it even better. It felt like every interaction was an improvement from the last. The teachers are kind and helpful, and I learned so many new things each day. They even helped with options on how to continue practicing my Spanish. The people in Salamanca are so friendly and the surroundings are beautiful. If you got lost or were trying to find out what you were supposed to be doing, you could ask essentially anybody, and they would be willing to help out. It makes you feel safer in the city too. I would recommend this trip to anyone, it's safe, easy to navigate (it helps if you ask the people around you), and has so many amazing sights. The museums are awesome and all the history is super interesting. If you want to practice Spanish and try something new, Salamanca is where you want to go.

Use your Día Libre! It will help you get over homesickness and make your trip feel more worthwhile. I personally suggest the museums, it can give you a stronger appreciation for the city and just how much history it has.
Savannah

Life changing experience

I studied in Spain for 5 weeks during the summer and it changed my life forever. I learned so much Spanish, met incredible friends from all over the world and most importantly gained life experience that will help me forever such as not giving up when I tried something for the first time, learning how to take care of myself since my host mom was pretty much solely an in-home guardian and my teachers solely in-school guardians. I did always feel safe however and knew I could reach an adult at all times if I ever needed to but for the majority of my tile I was having to look after myself and keep myself entertained, engaged, and safe which has been immeasurably useful in my everyday life as I no longer feel nervous having to do anything alone. I also learned how to make the most out of every situation and find the silver lining in everything! My trip abroad was the best five weeks of my life. Of course I had my ups and downs (especially when I saw a cockroach for the first time since I live in Alaska and we don’t have any and of course it was in my room), but I learned from every experience and truly believe I became a much better person for it.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I could do this all over again, the only thing I would change is that I would speak Spanish all the time, not only when I had to. Since most of the people I met through the program in Spain were students who were either from the United States or who spoke English, whenever we weren’t in school or communicating with the locals, we would always talk in English. I know I would have learned a lot more Spanish if I had solely spoke in Spanish my entire time there.
James Joseph

6 weeks in Salamanca, Spain

I would highly recommend the Greenheart Teen Language Camp in Salamanca, Spain. I attended for 6 weeks which was treat for truly learning the language. I had an amazing experience! While it was difficult in the beginning it ended up being one of the most rewarding experience. I learned more in 3 weeks than I did in 2 years of learning Spanish in school. The instructors were so wonderful and fun. You can walk everywhere and everyone does. It is such a beautiful city and evergone is so friendly.

The housing was with many other students and a single mom. It could be improved if the housing was with a family that is activity involved with the student and their experienced.
Geri

What an adventure!

Wow this has been quite an experience! I have to say Salamanca is one of the most gorgeous cities I have ever visited. I honestly loved everything in there - my host family, my roommate which became a very close friend of mine, the school, the fact that I improved my Spanish skills so much, the teachers, all of the people in the program, the city, the food - in one word everything. I have already been studying Spanish for 3 years but I have never had the confidence nor the chance to speak and practice it outside of my classes which was one of the main reasons why I joined this program. I truly gained more confidence in that department and when I visited Madrid right after my stay in Salamanca I had no problem with speaking with the locals which made me so happy. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end and my stay there was very short. I would have loved to stay for at least 4 weeks, but since it was my first time traveling alone and joining a language camp in a foreign country I thought that 2 weeks would be an appropriate amount of time to stay there. I would definitely recommend this journey to everyone, especially if you are in high school and I am considering on returning next year.

Corinne

2 weeks in Salamanca, Spain

Going to Spain was the one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I learned so much Spanish between my classes and host family that now, I feel much more comfortable speaking Spanish around native speakers. I made so many new friends from all over the US and Europe! I especially will remember how friendly and selfless everyone was. My host mom was always there and ready to help us with anything. The teachers were incredible and adapted perfectly to each student’s needs. I want to go back!

Not by much! The preparation they gave me was incredible. Use it!
olivia

The Best 6 Weeks of my Life

The teen summer language camp in Salamanca, Spain exceeded all my expectations. I know have friends all over the world and a much stronger grasp on the Spanish language from living with a host family. I am glad I completed this program before college because I feel far more prepared to be independent/away from my parents. I would, and already have, recommend this program to absolutely everyone. I typically am not the most outgoing person in the room, but my experience in Salamanca has helped me to come out of my shell and has given me newfound confidence. I cannot stress enough how amazing this program is.

I would’ve liked the option to stay longer than 6 weeks, maybe 2 months, to have more time to learn the language.
Yasmine

Salamanca with Greenheart

I recently returned from two weeks in Salamanca, Spain. I had the best time there ever and it went by super quickly. Although everything was great, the best part of the trip was the friends that I made. I feel I have known the people I met there for ages, and I definitely will be keeping in touch. I wish that I went for longer, and I am considering returning again next summer! I felt that after this program I became more independent and it was reassuring to know that I was able to take care of myself and not be homesick, etc. Although I was only in Salamanca for two weeks, I feel that my Spanish has improved. However, what improved the most was my ability to feel comfortable speaking the language. If I were to have spent more time, I would have definitely improved even more. Just a heads up: most of the other kids there speak English and although sometimes we spoke Spanish with each other, often times we spoke in English so it wasn't 100% immersion, although I was fine with that. The support staff was great at Greenheart, specifically Allison, who would send out emails frequently preparing us and informing us about the trip. She quickly and thoroughly responded to any questions I had and I think that she was the reason I felt so prepared to go on the trip. In addition to learning a lot, the trip was probably one of the most fun experiences I have had so far. We had a lot of free time to explore the (very beautiful) city and do whatever we wanted. My host family was also part of what made the trip so great. They were kind, helpful, and funny, and I miss them so much! I definitely recommend staying with a host family as they were one of the reasons I learned so much Spanish. As for safety: the city felt super safe to me, even at night. There were always lots of people walking around everywhere, and I never felt scared. Finally, a tip: bring a Tide stain remover stick as it removes stains quickly and very well. It is super small and easy to carry around, and if I ever spilled something I didn't have to walk around the entire day with a huge stain. Overall, the trip went perfectly and I had a great time! I would highly recommend going to Salamanca to learn Spanish.

I really can't think of anything for what Greenheart could do. Everything went smoothly and I always felt super comfortable.
Emmy

One of the best experiences I've ever had

A few weeks ago I returned from 6 weeks in the Teen Language Program in Salamanca, Spain and having been itching to go back since. This experience with Greenheart was beyond what I expected and couldn't have asked for a better time. I was chosen to be one of their Global Leadership Scholarship winners. I wrote blogs during my time there and never came up short for writing inspiration. The staff was all very kind, organized, and helpful with my questions and details of my program. There was never a moment that I questioned if I picked the right organization. Before my adventure abroad started, I visited their office in Chicago, IL and met all of the staff which I had been emailing endlessly in the months prior. They are all wonderful people! My time in Salamanca will always be looked back on with the best of memories and smiles. If you would like to read what a typical day is like, how to prepare for this experience, or anything of that sort, here is the link to my blogs that I wrote while there: https://greenhearttravel.org/blog/author/emmy-scott

Make it so I can stay there longer!