- Study Abroad
- Volunteer Abroad
- Teach Abroad
- Intern Abroad
- High School
- Gap Year
Volunteers are needed in Kenya to volunteer in a range of projects, including community development, sports education, HIV/Aids work, women's empowerment, teaching, and much more! IVHQ offers highly affordable volunteer programs in Nairobi and Kibera, the largest slum in Kenya, giving you an incredible opportunity to volunteer and make a difference in the local community.
Current IVHQ Volunteer Programs in Kenya:
- Volunteer Teaching
- Orphanage Work
- Sports Education: Coach enthusiastic students a variety of sports in addition to classroom instruction.
- HIV/AIDS Work
- Medical Placement: Volunteers are placed in hospitals and dispensaries based on previous experience.
- Music Program: Assist in instruction of the piano, guitar, and basic introduction to music. Volunteers should have a basic understanding of musical theory.
- Women's Education Program
- Programs in Kenya start on the 1st and 15th of every month
- Volunteer anywhere from 1 week to 6 months
- All volunteer receive orientation upon arrival including a cultural and language introduction
- Volunteers stay with a host family for an authentic immersion experience
- Weekends are open for you to explore Kenya, and the East-African safari!
- Learn more about IVHQ programs by reading the great reviews and interviews IVHQ alumni have left about their incredible experiences in Kenya
Know Before You Go
Volunteering at an orphanage is an important responsibility. Read these tips before choosing a program.