• Ghana

Guesthouse
Travel Type
Budget Family Older Travelers Solo Women

Pricing

Fully hosted experience from $22/day - this includes accommodation, meals, airport pick-up, orientation and 24/7 in-country support.
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Airport Transfers Meals Wifi
What's Not Included
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Sep 11, 2022
Sep 14, 2022
84 travelers are looking at this program

Trusted by 120,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the world's most popular volunteer programs in Ghana and 50+ other destinations around the world. Choose from seven meaningful projects including Teaching, Childcare, Medical, Construction and more.

Our Ghana programs span 1 to 24 weeks, based in rural villages and townships within the Greater Accra Region. When you’re not giving back to the local community, you’ll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the local culture and join exhilarating tours.

Your fully-hosted experience includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a volunteer house with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.

IVHQ offers a multi-layered support network, so even before you depart, you’ll receive outstanding service from your IVHQ Program Manager and gain exclusive access to volunteer training and preparation tools.

Ready to make a difference?

Program Highlights

• IVHQ’s Ghana program is available year-round, starting on the 1st and 15th of every month and you can choose to volunteer for periods ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks.
  • Fully-hosted volunteer experience from $22/day - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
  • You’ll be joining a global network of 120,000+ volunteers backed by the world’s leading team of volunteer travel experts with an outstanding safety system and track record
  • Support impact-driven volunteer projects run by locals within your host community
  • Flexible booking and free changes so you can register with confidence

Popular Programs

Volunteer in Ghana with IVHQ

Childcare volunteers in Ghana work in both rural and urban communities, providing education, care and attention to children from low-income families. This program is well suited to volunteers with a warm and caring nature, who love working with children and are passionate about supporting early childhood development. Tasks include helping children with morning and evening routines, assisting with food preparation and providing care and entertainment.

Agriculture Volunteering in Ghana

Are you passionate about sustainability and looking for some hands-on volunteer work? As an Agriculture Volunteer in Ghana, you’ll be based on a local farm 2-3 hours from Accra. Tasks involve clearing and developing land for crops, fertilizing, planting, nurturing, teaching farming techniques to locals, fencing, and assisting with purchasing, moving and caring for stock.

Construction & Renovation in Ghana

Based in rural Ghana, this Construction & Renovation project offers volunteers the special opportunity to work alongside local people to help improve infrastructure in small rural communities. Projects focus on clinics, community centers, toilets facilities and schools. Volunteers will also have the opportunity to meet chiefs and community elders, and learn about the local culture through music and dance.

Volunteer in Medicine in Ghana

As a Medical Volunteer in Ghana, you’ll help support small clinics in under-resourced, rural areas for two days per week, and then mobile wound care outreach for the remaining three days. You’ll play a pivotal role in providing basic healthcare services to communities who often don’t have access to these resources. This project is open to qualified medical or nursing professionals as well as volunteers who have completed at least two years of medical or nursing training.

Sports Volunteering in Ghana with IVHQ

Are you an energetic, enthusiastic individual? Ready to give back to a local community in need of extra support and resources? As a Sports Teaching Volunteer, you’ll put structure around local sporting programs that help children develop their physical capabilities outside of school. This program is well suited to individuals with a love of sport and real enthusiasm for supporting youth development and working with young people.

Teach English in Ghana with IVHQ

As a volunteer on this English Teaching project, you’ll work in rural communities across Ghana teaching English directly to local students and assisting teachers. If you’re an aspiring teacher or you're interested in education, this is a great opportunity to get some practical experience while making a difference to those in under-resourced communities. You'll play a pivotal role in helping children develop their verbal and written skills.

• 5 rating 96.46%
  • 4 rating 2.65%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0.88%
Angèle

Childcare in Ghana

One of the best experiences of my life. I signed up for childcare in Ghana and cannot recommend it enough. Everything is well organised and safe. Everyone is so kind and welcoming. It really felt like I made a difference by teaching the children in school. It is very interesting to see how school works there and I loved playing with the kids during their breaks. For the weekends we were able to make some excursions and see the country and make awesome memories with all the volunteers. Would love to go back :)

Pros
  • Kindness
  • Happiness
Louise

Construction in Ghana

I really enjoyed my time in Ghana. I went to the gold program and the people there, both staff, locals and volunteers, were so friendly. I got to experience another culture and I am so grateful for that. I really enjoyed the food!
I also really enjoyed the work that we got to do at the construction site. We got to help with constructing a building for toilets and I learnt a lot of new things.
In sum, just a really great experience and I would recommend anyone who is thinking about going to go.

Lisa

IVHQ GHANA PROGRAM

My experience at IVHQ Ghana was truly one of a kind. It was the most eye opening experience of my life. The staff provided us with a welcoming, clean, and safe environment to stay at. Elvis, our team leader, did the best job at guiding us throughout the week and during our adventures. We provided medical care to so many communities and really made a big impact on so many people. The locals in the community we stayed in were the most kind people I have ever met and it was heartbreaking to have to leave everyone. I would recommend this program to anyone who cares about making a difference in the world and wants to get out of their comfort zone.. IVHQ gets 5 stars for its hospitality, kindness, and amazing experience.

My advice to future travelers would be to be prepared to get out of your comfort zone and try new things. I was nervous, but after trying new foods and experiencing their unique culture, I was glad to have gotten out of my own comfort zone.
Alexandria

My experience with IVHQ-Ghana

In January 2022, I travelled to Ghana with my nursing school through IVHQ. I have the most amazing experience that I could have. Everyone was so accommodating and friendly I couldn’t feel more welcomed. Elvis- our trip manager, was the best to us. Always there for anything we needed! Everyone made sure our short time there was the best that it could be. The locals are so friendly and make you feel so so welcome. I never once felt unsafe or concerned for my well being while being at the village or in town in Frankadua.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would not do this program through my school. I met a few other volunteers while there and hey did it solo and we came to realize we spent A LOT more money.
brenda

Ghana review!!

I am so grateful that I have been able to take part in this trip to Ghana and learn so much. Everyone was so welcoming throughout our stay. Not only did we provide medical care, but we also explored the culture of Ghana. My nursing peers and I made meaningful relationships with the IVHQ team. We set up a free clinic in different towns each day of the week and provided wound care, malaria testing, blood pressure checks and more! It was a life-changing experience that will always stay with me! I will for sure go back!

Soak in all the experience! Do not be afraid! Connect with everyone! There is so much to learn every day!
Nicole

Ivhq and all of it's members are AMAZING

My experience with IVHQ was nothing short of amazing. They really treated us like family. I felt safe. I also felt like I was there with a bunch of friends. The staff is amazing and Elvis was overly accommodating and flexible! Overall so welcoming, fun, and made sure we were comfortable always. They cooked delicious meals for us, transported us to fun excursions. But most of all they made out journey to provide medical care happen! They took it all into their own hands-organizing, setting up, making sure we had what we needed and stayed with us the entire time to ensure safety and provide translation as needed. I would go back in a heartbeat- and they would be who I reach out to when I'm ready.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
How the locals are SO talented with being able to carry such heavy and large amounts of stuff on their heads!!!
Lauren

Visiting Ghana through IVHQ was the best decision I’ve ever made!

This was such an incredible experience! Getting to stay in the village and really immerse myself in the culture and meet all of the friendly and welcoming locals was there best part. I did the medical program, where I was able to travel from village to village and test people for malaria, provide wound care, blood pressure checks, and provide some medications. Elvis was our coordinator and stayed with us for the whole trip, and helped make it an unforgettable experience! I can’t wait to return!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I was able to help deliver a baby! It was an incredible experience
Ruby

Amazing experience !

I had the most amazing time at the gold programme in Ghana! All the staff were absolutely amazing and so supportive. TT made our trip especially great and went out of his way to make sure that we were happy. He would always make sure that we felt comfortable and that everything was going smoothly.
It was so fun to be with other volunteers from all across the world and get to know them.
The placement was very flexible and meant that you could try any of the other programmes, this made it so enjoyable ! Would defiantly recommend !!