Are you ready for a meaningful adventure in Tanzania? Join International Volunteer HQ, the world’s most trusted and affordable volunteer abroad organization in Africa.
You can choose from 5 volunteer project options based within villages and urban communities in and around Arusha. Your program fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in either a volunteer house or homestay, with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.
IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so before you even depart for Tanzania, you’ll receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager.
If you thrive on authentic experiences, a vibrant culture, an abundance of opportunities to grow, exciting adventures and real connections, then volunteering in Tanzania is for you.
- IVHQ’s Tanzania program is available year-round, starting on the 1st and 15th of each month.
- Highly affordable fees from $270 for 1 week - including airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support.
- You’ll be joining between 30 and 60 other IVHQ volunteers who start in Tanzania each month.
- Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart - we are the world’s safest organization and you’ll have 24/7 in-country support.
- Your volunteer efforts in Tanzania will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs, while your weekends are free to explore Tanzania with fellow volunteers.
COVID-19 Update: IVHQ Programs In 30+ Countries Now Open!
Do you love working with children and want to provide invaluable support within childcare centers and kindergartens in Tanzania? Play an important role in working alongside local caregivers, helping create fun and educational activities to keep the children engaged in learning through play.
Enhance your global perspective of medicine by shadowing and assisting medical professionals in clinics and hospitals around Arusha. This project is open to students in at least their third year of medical or nursing school, or fully qualified professionals. Paramedics, EMTs and CNAs are also welcome.
Collaborate with local teachers in Tanzania and have the opportunity to lead classes of up to 80 students across a wide range of subjects. This is your chance to play. a hands-on role in delivering more focused education to students within schools of limited resources.
Play an important role in helping to educate local Tanzanian women who come from challenging backgrounds, giving them a chance to upskill and earn a sustainable income.
Volunteer alongside a local vet in Tanzania, delivering mobile care to farm and domestic animals around Arusha. This project is perfect for all volunteers who love working with animals and have a passion for animal welfare.