Volunteer in Tanzania with IVHQ! With diverse NGO partnerships in Tanzania, IVHQ is able to offer a variety of highly affordable volunteer programs in Tanzania. A diversity of volunteer programs are available for volunteers, including teaching, childcare work and medical programs. Volunteers are free to join to the program anywhere from 1 week to 6 months, giving you flexibility to plan your volunteer vacation, gap year, or career break.
Current IVHQ Volunteer Programs in Tanzania:
- Childcare Work
- HIV/AIDS Support
- Medical Placement: Healthcare facilities aren't readily accessible for many Tanzanians, and this IVHQ volunteer program helps bridge this gap by placing medical volunteers in villages and townships where they are needed the most.
- Volunteer programs in Tanzania can be joined anywhere from 1 week to 6 months
- Programs in Tanzania start on the 1st and 15th of every month
- Last year, over 300 IVHQ volunteers joined projects in Tanzania, with numbers growing every year!
- All volunteers receive a cultural and language orientation upon arrival
- Volunteers will either stay with a host-family or a volunteer house depending on placement.
- Join other volunteers or explore Tanzania on your own during your free time!
- Learn more about IVHQ programs by reading the great reviews and interviews IVHQ alumni have left about their incredible experiences in Tanzania
Response from IVHQHi Paola, IVHQ offers the world's most affordable volunteer programs and we are glad that this meant you were able to visit Tanzania and volunteer on our medical project. Thanks for the recommendation and we hope to have you volunteer with us again in the future.
My Tanzanian Experience02/16/2015How could this program be improved?
Shorter orientation is the first thing that comes to mind. It's a little thing but it was painfully long.Response from IVHQHi Natalia, It is great to hear from you and to read a little about your volunteer experience on our Teaching project in Tanzania. It definitely sounds like you had a great volunteer travel experience. Thanks for volunteering with IVHQ!
Tanzania IVHQ11/04/2014How could this program be improved?
I think the staff needed better communication. They were super nice and happy to help, but at orientation they told you what was going on and just kind of left it up to you to figure out the details.Response from IVHQHi Mackenzie, We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your volunteer abroad experience on the Childcare project in Tanzania. We hope to have you volunteer with us again in the future.
About the provider
IVHQ (International Volunteer HQ) provides safe, unique, meaningful and extremely affordable volunteer programs in 30 countries around the world, with a constantly expanding base. Programs are available in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, where IVHQ works alongside local NGOs to provide meaningful volunteer opportunities. Currently, IVHQ has programs in Bali, Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Colombia, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, South Africa, Morocco, China, Nepal, India, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Victoria Falls, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, Laos, the Philippines, Romania, Italy and Fiji!
Whether you're taking a volunteer vacation, a gap year, or on a career break, IVHQ has a wide variety of programs ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks to fit anyone's schedule. Browse through the programs below and visit the IVHQ website for more information.