Mangroves represent a critical coastal ecosystem that has an incredible impact on our lives. They help in preserving biodiversity as nursery grounds for many marine and coastal species and fisheries. They contribute to protecting coastal communities against extreme weather events such as hurricanes and stabilize coastlines, reducing soil erosion. Your days will be eventful; the work will be challenging, rewarding and fun. Your discoveries will be of huge benefit to the conservation of these fabulous mangroves and you will gain immense satisfaction from knowing that you have helped protect these precious natural resources for future generations. The results from your investigations will supply vital baseline information on the Belizean coastline to enable the sustainable management of natural resources in the region and the protection of the marine wildlife in partnership with the Belize Fisheries Department.
- Help to preserve Belize's marine and coastal biodiversity
- Environmental education days in the local schools and community groups
- Swim and snorkel off the beach to locate, and explore, the crystal clear caribbean sea
- Discover the effects of global warming on marine communities
- Make lifelong friends and return with incredible stories, photos and memories
Marine and terrestrial conservation in Belize.