View Other Details
$771 for each additional weeks
- Access to personal online Kaya Community account
- On the ground training
- 24-hour support
- Excursion Planning assistance from local staff (activity prices may be extra)
- Meals: Lunch
- Routine or country-specific vaccination if applicable
- Any costs for COVID-19 PCR tests required pre-departure and in-country
RECRUITING FOR SEPTEMBER 2021!
Travelling abroad had been too complex and even impossible for most of the countries due to the pandemic but Kaya has carefully developed a program where you can safely spend your gap year in Jamaica!
Join the program for 3–12 weeks starting September 21, 2021 where you will spend the first 2 weeks in quarantine at Ocho Rios while engaging in cultural immersion, workshops for local entrepreneurs and online teaching sessions with special children.
After your quarantine you will be given a release form by the Jamaican government to allow you to head to Kingston where you will work as an assistant teacher for a week and meet the preschoolers you’ve been helping online.The activities on the following weeks will depend on what you would like to engage in.
No specific skills are required for the project but you’ll have to keep the enthusiasm, flexibility and patience while working with the special children.
- Spend your gap year safely in Jamaica during pandemic
- Engage in community work amidst the special global circumstances
- Experience the Jamaican culture and develop new friendships with the locals and other volunteers