- Isla Mujeres
View Other Details
10 Month Program: $11,134 USD
6 Month Scholarship Program: ALL FEES WAIVED! Qualifications: Bachelor's degree, Upper-Intermediate Spanish, Experience working with children, 6-month commitment.
*All 10 month participants will be required to take out/pay for a student visa. All participants that stay for less than 6 months are considered non lucrative part time employees/volunteers in the public schools and are not required by the federal government to take out a visa.
Additionally, we offer customizable accommodation packages that can include meals, excursions, diving certifications, cooking classes, Spanish lessons, transportation rentals and local discounts.
VolunQuest's TEFL Gap Year program is unlike any other opportunity available. We offer our participants the opportunity to not only become fully immersed in the local community and work alongside community stakeholders, but also to gain invaluable experience, a TEFL Teaching certificate accredited by the Mexican Ministry of Education, a letter of recommendation and references to use later when applying for paid TEFL or other jobs at home and abroad.
With VolunQuest’s TEFL Certification Gap Year Program, you will go through orientation, training and an additional 500+ hours of teacher training that has been specifically developed to prepare you for paid TEFL jobs at home and abroad. VolunQuest’s TEFL certification focuses on preparing its students for real world experience in both private and public sectors.
Sound like the opportunity for you? Visit our website to see if you qualify for our TEFL Gap Year Scholarship, where all program fees are waived!
Video and Photos
- A fully furnished studio apartment in beautiful Isla Mujeres, Mexico (note: scholarship recipient accommodations are different than Gap Year program)
- A letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the program
- Round trip airport transfer, ferry tickets and island tour
- Continuous teacher training and access to teacher materials and resources including school supplies, a printer/copy machine, printer paper, teaching materials, etc.
- Optional program add-ons such as meals, excursions, diving certifications, cooking classes or Spanish lessons