Internships Available Aug-Dec 2018
-Program costs waived for teacher training/certification (usually $7,211 USD)
-Shared housing (water, internet, electric)
-Two cultural excursions in the Yucatan
-Round-trip airport transportation
-Upper-intermediate Spanish level
-Experience working with children
VolunQuest's TEFL Gap Year program is unlike any other opportunity available. We offer our participants the opportunity to not only become fully immersed in the local community and work alongside community stakeholders, but also to gain invaluable experience, a TEFL Teaching certificate accredited by the Mexican Ministry of Education and a letter of recommendation and references to use later when applying for paid TEFL or other jobs at home and abroad.
With VolunQuest’s TEFL Certification Gap Year Program, you will go through orientation, training and an additional 500+ hours of teacher training that has been specifically developed to prepare you for paid TEFL jobs at home and abroad. VolunQuest’s TEFL certification focuses on preparing its students for real world experience in both private and public sectors.
- Teacher Training Course and Materials (Condensed version for less than 4 week programs)
- A letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the program
- Access to teacher materials and resources including young learner books, school supplies, a printer/copy machine, printer paper, teaching materials, ESL teaching guides and references, etc.)
- A fully furnished studio apartment in beautiful Isla Mujeres, Mexico
- Optional language and cultural classes and excursions