An extraordinary alternative year of college designed to assist you in making a powerful and graceful transition from home to independence, high school to college, and adolescence into adulthood, which offers:
- Ten weeks of group travel to Latin America
- A three-month solo internship anywhere in the world, chosen from our database of over 6,000 opportunities
- Four intensive residential retreats focused on community building, life-path visioning, development of emotional literacy, and a rite of passage into adulthood
- A fully accredited, integrative, experiential curriculum leading to a full year of academic credit.
- Access to Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) and other scholarships
- A full year of post-program internship placements
Runs from September - May (fall start) or January - August (spring start).
LEAPYEAR can also be done for high school completion.
View Program Information
LEAPYEAR tuition includes:
- all scheduled program activities,
- food and accommodation during the program,
- one full year of college credit - 29 credits
- a full year of additional internship placements after LEAPYEAR, and
- annual reunions for as long as you care to attend them.
Not included is the cost of round-trip transportation to northern California during the program, international airfare, personal medical insurance (usually covered under parents' policy), and personal spending money.