View Other Details
- Intensive 10-hour Portuguese language course upon arrival
- Host family/school acceptance and supporting visa documentation
- Emergency support and supervision
Does not include:
- Medical/travel insurance (purchased separately)
- International airfare
- Passport/visa/residential card fees
Immerse yourself in Portuguese language and Brazilian culture as a high school student!
You will be placed with a volunteer host family and attend a local high school, known as ensino médio. No Portuguese ability is required, and you will certainly know more Portuguese coming back than before you left! The school year in Brazil begins in February and ends in December. We accept students in January and July for academic year, semester, or three month programs.
For our program, students are placed all over Brazil and will have 24/7 emergency support and help from a local coordinator.
An intensive 10-hour Portuguese language class in the student’s host community is included, along with a local orientation discussing school life, host family life, and Brazilian culture.