View Other Details
The $3,600 covers 50% of the construction for the school & playground, 1 year of our programming at the school (so you are making the biggest impact possible) and all trip expenses.
Join us on an adventure of a lifetime where you have a blast, make new friends and also make an incredible impact on a group of children living in a rural Guatemalan village - in just 9 days! During this trip you will help to complete the building of a school and playground, shadow a family in the community, enjoy recess with the children in school and teach the kids for a day! You will also be able to experience the beauty of the Mayan world. While you're in Guatemala you will visit the Spanish colonial city of Antigua, climb the Pacaya volcano, zip line, explore a local coffee farm and barter in the town marketplace.
You will come home exhausted but rejuvenated. You will have left behind something of immeasurable value to a community in need and the connections you make with the children in the community are incredibly unique and deep.
- Make incredibly deep connections with the children - even with a language barrier.
- Get to see the finished school & playground and see how excited the children are to learn.
- Get to really experience the beautiful culture of Guatemala.
- Make lasting friendships with U.S high schoolers
- Make an actual impact on the world