Bring Education to Guatemala

Bring Education to Guatemala

Spend the months before your spring break fundraising for a nine-day discovery trip in the Western Highlands of Guatemala. Funds you raise will go directly towards buying materials and supplies to build a school in a Guatemalan village. Visit that village with your friends over your February, March or April school break and complete the school construction in time to join the dedication ceremony with the community.

Experience the wonders of the Mayan world. Visit the Spanish colonial city of Antigua, climb the active Pecaya volcano, explore a local coffee farm and barter in the town marketplace.

You will come home exhausted and rejuvenated. You will have left behind something of immeasurable value to a community in need. You will have developed life-long fundraising and networking skills. You will be connected to a community of other global citizens eager to learn and discover.

Best times of My Life

5starI can not say enough good things about this organization. They truly do wonderful things, not just for others in struggling countries, but for the students that participate in their Service Learning program. I never would have seen myself giving back so many times when I went on my first trip in April 2015, but I completely fell in love with everything. There is great joy in helping make an entire community smile, and School the World helps in every way possible to make sure that we as students get so very close to the community, so close that you may shed many tears upon leaving. All the staff, both from the United States and Guatemala, are dedicated to the cause, and are all wonderful people who aim to give everyone a life-changing experience. Even the van drivers are some of the most wonderful people you will ever meet!! I would recommend this organization to all, and to give it a try even if you are hesitant about giving back, or going on a service trip. I wish there were more stars to click, and greater words than excellent, because this is definitely better than a 5 star experience, and more than just an excellent program! Thank you School the World for changing my life!!!!!

Guatemala July 2016

This Guatemala trip was one of the best trips I've ever been on. I know that the people I met, the friends I made, and the experience I had in Quiche this past week won't be matched by any other trip I go on. I loved the balance between fun and service, and the whole experience was extremely humbling, better than I ever could have hoped or expected. I will always keep the lessons learned from this trip in my heart and mind!

About School the World

School the World is an international nonprofit based in Boston and working in Central America. We have a mission to ensure that children are finishing primary school knowing how to read, write, and with basic math skills. Since our founding, School...