Experience Nepali culture, construct earthquake resistant schools and hike through the Himalayas.
With SStS, you will have the chance to work shoulder-to-shoulder with our trusted NGO partner, The Small World. As part of your work, you will build earthquake resistant schools and spend time with the children at TSW's girls dorm.
You will have the opportunity to experience daily life in rural Nepal, stay with local families, and trek through the Himalayas on a route once taken by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay.
As part of your experience, you will learn about ethical leadership and global citizenship through SStS's unique Five Lens Curriculum. In addition, you will be immersed in a local homestay.
THE SSTS DIFFERENCE:
-Small groups (10-12 students)
-Expert course instructors
-Trusted NGO partners
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the famed Monkey Temple.
- Experience daily life in the remote Solukhumbu region.
- Construct earthquake resistant schools to support girls' education.
- Spend time interacting with children at the Himalayan Hope Home.
- Trek through the Himalayas on a route that was once taken by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay.