Experience life on a small island in Nicaragua, teach English at a local school constructed of eco-bricks and hike to waterfalls as well as remote beaches.
With SStS, you will have the chance to work shoulder-to-shoulder with our trusted NGO partner, the Ometepe Bilingual School. As part of your work, you will teach English to elementary school students and learn about eco-bricks.
You will have the opportunity to experience daily life on Ometepe Island, an island in Lake Nicaragua with twin volcanoes classified as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
As part of your experience, you will learn about ethical leadership and global citizenship through SStS's unique Five Lens Curriculum. In addition, you will be immersed in a local homestay.
THE SSTS DIFFERENCE:
-Small groups (10-12 students)
-Expert course instructors
-Trusted NGO partners
- Live on a island in the middle of Lake Nicaragua.
- Teach English to elementary students.
- Play baseball and volleyball with the local community.
- Hike to waterfalls and remote beaches.
- Learn about conservation efforts in this UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.