YFU High School Study Abroad Program in Norway

Study abroad with YFU in Norway and attend classes at a local high school while living with a host family. With fifteen different fields of study in Norwegian schools, you can take courses that are closely related to your interests. Outside of class, your Norwegian host family will introduce you to the local culture and give you opportunities to practice the language. As you get to know Norway, you'll discover the beauty of the fjords, glaciers, and forests that make up Norway's landscape. You'll also have the chance to explore cities and small towns and forge bonds of understanding with local Norwegians.

• Explore the amazing Norwegian nature with an optional snow skiing and camping excursion

Lily

An amazing adventure

I chose Norway to study abroad mostly because I wanted to go somewhere a little off the beaten path. I didn't want to be the person who went to England or Spain or France. I am so glad I chose YFU and Norway. YFU provided a lot of support and I was lucky enough to live near their headquarters in Oslo. They matched me with an amazing host family, one who made sure I learned how to speak Norwegian and that I made friends and had a wonderful time. Going to a Norwegian school was difficult at first, but with a lot of patience and hard work I actually understood what the teachers were saying and was able to respond. The darkness in winter definitely takes some getting used to, but you just have to have a really positive attitude and a willingness to adopt a new culture. Overall it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

I might change the level of language support. They didn't really offer any programs for improving language, and the programs that exist in Norway aren't cheap. They do offer a discount for Rosetta Stone, but I still would have liked more support.