View Other Details
- A degree in biology or currently studying biology an advantage
- Basic Spanish
- Ability to work independently
* 250$: a shared room in the volunteer house (upon availability)
* 350$: a private room in the volunteer house (upon availability)
* 450$: a private room in a host family (3 meals/day)
All Prices Include:
Volunteer or internship placement
Pick-up from Riberalta airport
Grant funding through mini-grant program
Access to Plant Medicine Retreat Pisatahua
Sponsored cultural events (workshops, shared dinners, yoga classes, documentary screenings, etc.)
24-hour staff support
A contribution to our scholarship program
Sustainable Bolivia is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the Bolivian Amazon around the city of Riberalta that partners with local initiatives to provides resources that support ecotourism, regenerative agriculture, health and education. Volunteers and interns are placed with partner NGOs throughout the country, namely in and around Riberalta, Bolivia.
By working with the municipal government and local communities, SB helped to establish a reserve of more than 20,000 in the Bolivian Amazon in 2016. To support conservation efforts and provide a sustainable income, SB is working inside the Aquicuana reserve to promote local ecotourism projects. Proposed initiatives include guided nature hikes, plant medicine, canoe rides, bird watching and fishing.
As such, we are looking for a student or professional passionate about biodiversity and biology in order to study animals in the Reserve, list them based on lists and pictures we already have, and suggest observation projects.
- Help a local NGO to list all the species in a new reserve
- Advance the local research in biology
- Work in the natural reserve
- Learn and Improve your Spanish