- Costa Rica
- Puerto Jimenez
View Other Details
- Accommodation for 8 nights
- 3 Vegetarian meals a day
- Dive equipment
- Theory classes
- Certification of completion
- 10 dives
- Conservation material
- 1 Yoga class
If you wish to stay longer after the 7 days expedition, we have prices per week extra which include:
- Stocked fridge with ingredients for vegetarian meals (you will need to cook)
- Training on all our research/education/conservation projects (bring your computer!)
- You will participate in the projects and work in the MCEC with us 5 days a week
- Equipment for diving (1 day a week of diving with 2 dives)
- High-speed wifi
- A lot of fun
Certification of completion
1 Yoga class
Are you a certified scuba diver or dream of becoming one? Join us in Costa Rica to get certified in Marine Conservation with our biologists and professional instructors. The Marine Conservation Expedition is seven days full of adventure, learning, laughter, and hard purposeful work. This expedition is for experienced and non-experienced divers alike. You will be hosted at our facility called the Marine Conservation and Education Center (MCEC).
Each day, the expeditioners are taught a new subject which they will apply the next day during their underwater dives. These captivating projects range from invertebrate theory to sea turtle migration studies, to 3D Coral Modeling – providing a subject that will surely resonate with each person.
To join an expedition you need to have your first scuba diving certification. Not a diver yet? You can do your Open Water with us just before the expedition.
After the expedition week, you can stay longer to deepen your internship experience.
- Get trained and certified in Marine Conservation with our profesional biologists and instructors.
- Dive in one of the most biodiverse place on Earth: 10 dives on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica, a paradise in pristine waters.
- Learn every day about marine conservation, biology and all of our research projects during our daily lectures.
- Make memories you will never forget with your co-expeditioners and live an experience full of adventure, laughter, and purpuseful work.
- Enjoy our delicious menu 3 times a day of organic vegetarian/vegan food made by our incredible local chef. Conservation is also about what you eat!