Immerse yourself in a new culture while developing your medical skills with a sub-center of health in Cuenca, Ecuador, the first point of contact for those seeking medical attention by providing both preventative and primary care treatment. You'll spend your days shadowing medical professionals as you work in and outside of the office, treating a wide variety of cases and patients.
This unique experience allows you to enrich the community and set your resume apart from others, while living like a local with an Ecuadorian family in a homestay. The internship typically lasts 1 to 6 months and the exact duration, start date, and features are customized to fit your needs. Add-on trips and Spanish classes are available.
Begin your Ecuador adventure today by contacting us via our website or reach out/follow us on social media. We're on Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Instagram, and Tumblr, and would love to hear from you!
- Gain real-world medical experience working alongside doctors and nurses treating a wide variety of cases in and outside of the office
- Immerse yourself in a new language and culture
- Program start date, duration, and features are customizable! Spanish classes and add-on excursions are available!
- Boost your resume, marketability, and graduate school application, build a international network!
- Outstanding program support before, on-site, and after from the El Nomad staff