- La Paz
View Other Details
1. Accommodation for the duration of the chosen monitoring program.
2. Lectures given by Dr. Ramírez & the scientific team covering all aspects of whale shark research and conservation.
3. Training in scientific monitoring.
4. Boat expenses
5. A bike for your transport in town.
What is NOT included in the cost of the program:
• Flights & Insurance
• Leisure activities on days off
Our internship program was made with the goal of offering the best whale shark experience for our interns! During the 12 weeks our interns will learn how to do the research and they will become part of our team!
The internship program has designed to include a lot of field work experience. You will learn how to collect research data such as photo-ID, gender, size, record injuries, whale shark behavior and environmental data.
You will also do a lot of work on the computer building the photo-ID catalogue for the running season and comparing with the other 12 years and with 6 other locations that we work with! You will also submit data into the global data base.
All data we collect will help the whale shark management of the region. You will receive scientific training and presentations and be hosted by locals, giving you a better understanding the lifestyle in La Paz.