Staff Spotlight: Chris van der Jagt

Title:
Barcelona Bookings Manager

Photos

Chris, tell us about your role at Stoke Travel.

I'm responsible for all incoming bookings from Barcelona or related to Barcelona. This includes our City Breaks, Boat Parties, and Day trips and activities in Barcelona. Aside from this, I do some back office work to get our company optimized on online travel agencies such as booking.com and Expedia.

What is your favorite travel memory?

Springfest with Stoke Travel. I worked on the campsite there which was a party in itself. The beer halls were very fun as well. It was snowing and very cold the week I was there, but this did not interfere with the fun we had with each other and the customers!

How have you changed/grown since working for your current company?

I started as an intern and am now a full-time employee. I wrote my graduation thesis for Stoke Travel and had such a good time with the company that I wanted to stay. Luckily for me, Stoke was thinking the same thing about me.

If you could go on any program that your company offers, which one would you choose and why?

Oktoberfest. I went to Springfest and it was amazing. I'd love to do it again, but bigger - and that's Oktoberfest. My colleagues all speak highly of it, that it's an enhanced version of Springfest, so I can't wait to get back to Munich and the beer halls.

What makes your company unique? When were you especially proud of your team?

Stoke has a very laid back and flexible team with a personal touch towards the customers. As a customer you are not just a number here to make money off, people take the time for you and add a personal touch to it. You can actually meet us at the festivals and have a beer!

What do you believe to be the biggest factor in being a successful company?

The personal touch makes it stand out from the other travel companies who are getting more and more automated. We don't have automated replies when you communicate with us through email and you will always get an actual person on the phone when you call us!

Another success factor is the flexibility. We are able to move things around for your benefit, it's not this is this and that is that.