Staff Spotlight: Pascale de Schuyter Hualpa

Photos

What position do you hold at AF? What has been your career path so far?

I am the Director of the Alliance française Paris Ile-de-France, I assumed this function in different Alliances all around the world, mainly on the Latin American continent but also in Brussels. I also worked for three years in the Ministry of French Foreign Affairs. I was in charge of the issues regarding the promotion and diffusion of the French language.

Did YOU study abroad?

I did not have the opportunity to study abroad, exchange programs were less plentiful and accessible than they are nowadays. But I encourage young people to do so. My son studied in several countries around the world, speaks several languages. These are for sure some advantages for professional opportunities in France and abroad.

What does the future hold for Alliance Francaise - any exciting new programs to share?

The activity of the Alliance française is booming for several years, in qualitative and quantitative terms. The labeling of our establishment in 2008 and in 2012 clearly indicates that our approach of constant research for quality is officially recognized.

We will refocus our priorities on enhanced attention to the reception of students, material conditions but also the professionalism of the entire administrative team and teachers.

Present and future are moving decisively to offer quality, diversity, adaptation to the needs and demands of our audiences. As a strong symbol this year, our cultural program is focused on our prestigious partnerships with Parisian cultural institutions and a wide range of activities.

We strive to accompany each student so that his stay in Paris and in our Alliance française remains an unforgettable experience that meets their expectations, that’s our challenge and our goal.

What about the future of the industry? How do you think study abroad and international education will change over the next 10 years?

I am convinced that we are going towards the development of university exchanges in the up-coming years with common core of studies to move towards a greater understanding of each other. Share learning strategies, teaching tools, information sources in a common context of multilingualism and cultural diversity can only strengthen individual skills, performance businesses and public institutions and even democracy, if we also discuss a political vision. A more accessible mobility, and some more structured exchange programs should be preferred in addition to trainings and distance exchanges that allows the Internet. This is what the Alliance Française Paris Ile-de-France continues to focus on: the encounter.