Have the ability to work remotely and want a full cultural immersion? Our new Digital Nomad in Thailand program is designed to give you the opportunity to fully get to know a new country (we don't move around and you must stay for at least 3 months). With a home base in Hua Hin (a beach-side city 2 hours south of Bangkok), ongoing cultural and professional learning opportunities, and the freedom to travel as much as you’d like, this program allows you to fulfill all your career and travel goals!
Greenheart Travel’s program is ideal if:
- You’re location independent
- You want an immersive experience
- You’re interested in being a digital nomad abroad but want some support
- You’re looking to be part of a community of like-minded travelers
Program at a Glance:
- 3 or 6 months
- Housing, co-working space, insurance, and orientation included
- Monthly professional development workshops
- Couples and friends welcome!
- Ages 21+
- Citizen of the US, Canada, UK, EU, Aus, NZ, or South Africa
- Currently employed or self-employed with the ability to work remote
- Be in great mental and physical health
- No criminal record (with the exception of traffic or other minor violations)
- An adventurous attitude and strong flexibility are a must
- Co-working space
- Accommodation (private room)
- Medical insurance for the duration of the program
- Airport pickup and transfer to Hua Hin from Bangkok (~3 hour drive)
- Group arrival orientation and welcome dinner
- Cultural activities throughout the first month include: Thai culture and history lessons, Muay Thai, Thai cooking class, Market tour, Thai language classes, beach BBQ
- Monthly cultural or professional development presentations with local experts on:
- Sustainable and ethical tourism in Southeast Asia
- Stray animal problem, causes and solutions in Thailand
- Thai politics and the Monarchy
- Challenges and solutions of Thai education system
- History, conflict and culture in Southeast Asia
- Optional excursions in or around Hua Hin each weekend
- Thai SIM card
- Assistance in setting up a bank account if needed
Our Support and Services:
- Visa Assistance in applying for the Non Immigrant-O visa ahead of arrival, including visa paperwork and extensive directions and support.
- Extensive pre-departure advice and support from Kara, your program manager! She has lived in Thailand herself and will be able to answer all your questions and tell you what living in Thailand is really like! She will be with you from your first inquiry, all the way through preparing to leave and your arrival in Thailand.
- Online webinar logistical orientation before you leave
- Highly experienced team of 20+ in-country support staff members
- 24 hour in-country and emergency support for duration of the program, including 24 hour emergency phone numbers to reach a program manager at any time.
- Lifetime job placement assistance in Thailand, Vietnam, South Korea, China, or Myanmar if you decide you want to stay and teach.
- Opportunity to apply for a Greenheart Grant to give back to your community at home or abroad
- Greenheart Atlas Program