Have you always dreamed of traveling around China and experiencing its rich culture? Realize this dream by applying for our au pair program! An increasing number of au pairs choose the country as their gap year destination. Make it yours as well!
Becoming an Au Pair is a great way to experience family life in China. Placements generally last between 3 and 12 months, and you’ll stay with the family. This allows you to become part of their day-to-day lifestyle as well as enjoy all the benefits that come with spending time with children.
Numadi mostly works with host families in suburban or downtown areas of Shanghai. Most of them live in apartments and have one kid due to the country’s Single Child policy. Some families have two kids and usually not more than this. Work 30 to 35 hours a week.
- Rudimentary use of Chinese language
- Being good with kids is a bonus
- You get: Approx. $350 NZD pocket money+ $350 ticket stipend ( Transport allowance) /month
- You study: 3 hours of Mandarin classes/week ( Paid for by family )
- You get: 1.5 days off each week
- You get: Up to $2290 NZD as ticket stipend
- You get: Accident insurance
- You get: Visa application & renewal fee reimbursement
- You get: Medical insurance
- You get: 3-12 days paid leave