As you help with childcare and light housework in exchange for your own private room, all meals, a flexible schedule and a weekly stipend up to $195 USD (dependent on experience and hours), you will quickly become part of the family! Live like a local in a vibrant New Zealand city or town while doing work that is meaningful and rewarding.
Most participants are first time Au Pairs. You will need to demonstrate previous childcare experience which can range from babysitting, summer camps, volunteering, coaching, tutoring, teaching or having formal qualifications in child care.
Work for 6 or 12 months -- your choice!
Work a 5 day week and get two full consecutive days off per week (1 free weekend per month), so you can explore your new city or catch up with other Au Pairs and discover for yourself why New Zealand is one of the top destinations for millennial travelers from across the world.
We provide extensive pre-departure support and our partner agency in New Zealand has an amazing 2-3 day free orientation program that you will join. Orientation includes picking you up at Auckland International Airport and all accommodation, meals, course materials and expert tuition. We also stay in touch to ensure you are settled and enjoying your experience. You can connect online with other Au Pairs in the program before you leave the US, and participate in monthly social activities in New Zealand.
- US Citizen
- Are aged 18-30 with no dependents
- Have graduated high school or have a GED
- Do not have a criminal record
- Are fit and healthy (Non-Smoker)
- Have a valid US Passport
- Your weekly stipend is based on how many hours you work and your experience.
- $140 NZ per week up to 25 hours
- $170 NZ per week up to 30 hours
- $200 NZ per week up to 35 hours
- $230 NZ per week up to 40 hours
- $260 NZ per week up to 45 hours
- Most families will pay you in cash. We will assist you with opening a bank account in New Zealand if you prefer to receive your pay direct into a bank account.
- A 2-3 day all inclusive Orientation Program including accommodation, meals, course materials and expert tuition.
- Free fortnightly outings around most of the country.
- Free professional development courses including NZQA approved Child First Aid courses.
- Phone support 24 hours every day, 7 days per week.
- Fantastic network of support from our NZ based team and other au pairs on our program