As an Au Pair in China with Wanderlust, you will have the opportunity to experience the Chinese culture firsthand while indulging your desire to travel the world.
Wanderlust Exchange helps match culture and travel-hungry young adults to individual Chinese families looking to host an Au Pair. Placements are for 3, 6, and 12-month periods -- Au Pairing over a 2-month summer break is also possible! Many Chinese families are interested in supporting their child's language development by hosting native or fluent English speakers, and provide an opportunity to promote cultural diversity and understanding.
Experience a new culture, grow as a global citizen, push yourself out of your comfort zone, and cultivate the necessary tools to bridge cultural divides now and in the future.
- You have completed secondary school (high school)
- You are a native speaker or proficient in English
- You have no criminal record
- You are open to cultural differences and exploration
- You have the ability to teach English
- You are 18-28 years old
- 1500 RMB pocket money/month
- 3000-12000 RMB flight stipend (dependent on your length of stay, 3 - 12 month program)
- 3 hours of Mandarin classes/week (12 hours/month)
- 1.5 days off each week
- International medical insurance ( Dr. Walter)
- Visa application & renewal fee reimbursement (provided upon Au Pair's completion of the program)