Contract Length1 Year+
Seeking a project coordinator to manage volunteers, logistics and administration.
- Oversee and arrange arrival of new project members, which includes arranging immigration, visas, work permits, transport, accommodation and briefing team on all aspects of life upon their arrival in Madagascar
- Ensure all volunteers / research assistants are deployed constructively, usefully and efficiently and will ensure the discipline and good behaviour of all project members
- Act as deputy to the Principle Investigator and take on overall responsibility of the project if needed
- Update headquarters on project progress regularly
- Oversee maintenance, servicing and repair of all project equipment and camp as necessary
- First Aid Certified
- Experience of working in the field and managing volunteers
- Qualified SCUBA diver (for marine projects) (minimum BSAC Sports Diver/PADI Advanced Open Water)
- Ability to motivate and support others
- Demonstrated commitment to conservation
£150 per quarter plus £150-250 end of contract bonus.
Food provided on project site
Basic accommodation provided.