We offer the chance to youngsters (18-28) who like interacting with kids and are interested in pursuing a career in education to be part of an amazing team during summer and try their hand at organizing small groups of kids (10-14) when doing various activities in English. The camp covers interactive English classes in the morning, sports and outdoor games in the afternoon and cultural or artistic activities in the evening.
For the morning classes, you will work alongside Romanian teachers of English and follow a curriculum specially designed for 8 to 14 year olds so that kids will boost their English level while on camp and enjoy themselves heartily. Everything should be as informal as possible, afterall it's summer camp, not school time!
For the afternoon and evening activites, if you feel inspired and creative, we will happily help you implement and try out new activities (sports, indoor and outdoor games, ice-breaking games, karaoke, arts & crafts, painting, drama, dancing), all you can think of and would like to do, in order to have lots of fun in a welcoming mountain environment.
Why come here? Because Romania is beautiful and is extremely welcoming! You will be located in the center of the country, in a cosy guest house in the heart of Romania (Rucar Resort), at the foot of Piatra Craiului Mountain, one of the most spectacular natural reserves in Europe.
- You do not need special qualifications to work with us, just willingness and pleasure to interact with kids informally, though in a structured way :).
- Full board on camp
- Free accommodation in Bucharest 2 days before the camp
- Free accommodation in Bucharest in between camps
- Excursions to historical sites in Romania
- Free transfer from airport to Bucharest and from Bucharest to camp
- Personalized volunteering certificate to acknowledge the work in camp.
• Discover Romanian culture
• Gain teaching experience