The EFL counselors are expected to teach English through games, drama and other fun activities to the pupils (aged between 7 and 16). However, it is not the trainer’ responsibility to look after the children. There will be teachers to do that. There will be around 170 children in the camp and 12 trainers working with them, with a ratio of one trainer to about 15-20 children.
The timetable is very flexible and it is always planned and discussed with the trainers in advance. We are dedicated to making the trainers’ stay in Romania a memorable one. Our pupils speak very good English so communication with them will not be a problem. However, the younger ones may need support and guidance sometimes but organizers and other teachers are there to help all the time. We think that there is no right or wrong way to teach and we believe that each British trainer brings his or her own style and ideas. If a trainer ever becomes stuck for ideas or just needs a little support, the camp organizers are always there to help.
- TEFL COURSES
BENEFITS FOR VOLUNTEERS:
• Free full room and board: quality accommodation and meals with vegetarian catering too
• Easy, relaxed daily schedule(starting at 9.30)
• Free access to spa & pool during breaks and free days.
• Free transfers from and to airport in Romania;
• no responsibility for the children’s meals/night time/free time, because they are permanently accompanied by the Romanian teachers & staff (outside the scheduled lessons & activities);
• evenings out with the entire team during free days
• wireless internet;
• 24/7 assistance;
• training during placement;
• modern multimedia equipment;
• medical cover;
• free washing service;
• Free trips to historical sites and landmarks: Dracula’s Castle (Bran) / Peles Castle / Rasnov Fortress / Dino Park / Cable Car / shopping sessions in Brasov City and Sibiu or Sighisoara (transport, tickets and meals);
• Certificate of Participation issued to the volunteers by the Romanian Ministry of Education.( letter of recommendation on request).
During their stay in Romania, trainers will be accompanied at all times by a Romanian staff member.