Country
Category
Au Pair

Photos

Job Description

Are you of Australian, Dual-British, New Zealand or Canadian nationality? Check out this fabulous opportunity to live in a welcoming host family in England or Scotland!

You will receive full board and pocket money in exchange for helping with childcare and light household duties.

At Smartaupairs we pride ourselves in getting it right for both au pairs and host families - we ensure that our families are loving, caring and welcoming towards their au pairs - and we always require references and comprehensive information from families before they are accepted to the program. We have worked with many of our families for years and years so know them well :)

Smartaupairs specialises in placements in and near London areas (and the commuter zone) though we have more recently also started offering placements in Scotland.

A Typical Au Pair Day

Most au pairs work a few hours in the morning, then have the middle of the day completely free, and then start again at around 3pm until 7pm. Au pairs also help with up to 1h of light household duties per day. You also often cook basic meals for the children.

You normally have lots of time during the day to meet friends for a coffee and visit local town/city, go to the gym, see sights or just chill! It really is up to you.

We support you during your time in the UK, we organize events, help you find friends and in effect remain at hand to assist if you have any queries along the way.

Smartaupairs does NOT charge au pairs but you will be responsible for covering your travel & visa costs.

Check out our Instagram @smartaupairs for stories & feedback from au pairs already in England.

Qualifications

• Australian, Dual-British, New Zealand or Canadian nationality (must eligible for Tier 5 Visa)
  • Love for Children & Verifiable References
  • 18-29 Age (at the point of travel)
  • Clear Police & Medical Check

Benefits

- NO AGENCY/PROGRAM FEE
- Full Board within a Host Family Home
- Minimum pocket money of £100 per week for 25 hours/week.
- Minimum two full free days per week (normally Saturday and Sunday)
- Full Support by Smartaupairs Agency
- Placement completion BONUS of one week’s pocket money to be paid to all au pairs who have completed their full agreed placement duration (applicable for placements which are 6 months or longer in length).

"To me becoming an Au-Pair in London was the best decision of my life because after a few weeks now I can already feel that I'm learning a lot more about the english language, culture and even about myself. Before I came here I was a little worried about going to a completely different country all on my own but after a short time I was building up a new life over here which is an amazing feeling. I become way more indepentent at the moment and luckily I have a nice family and found very lovely friends over here so homesickness isn't really becoming a big deal. I think becoming an Au-Pair is the best thing you could to if you want some changes in your life and love to work with children because you get the chance to open so many doors for your future and on top of that you're having a great time with precious memories that will last forever" Annika

Here are some of the many reasons why we at Smartaupairs think the au pair programme is so great :)

GUARANTEE & SAFETY – By choosing to become an au pair through our agency – you will be fully supported throughout your experience by our friendly and experienced team.

TRAVEL – Because you earn as you go, you can spend your weekends exploring the highlights of your Many au pairs also get to travel with their host family on holidays!

NEW FRIENDS – make new friends and learn about yourself in the same time, many au pairs make ‘friends for life’ during their au pair year.

AWESOME MEMORIES – as any adult what was the most memorable year of their life, they are likely to say their gap-year; scores higher than being in love

NEW PLACES & CULTURE – see your new place as a local, not a tourist.

CHILDREN – you get to do ‘kids-stuff’ like going to the zoo, kick a ball in the park and make a tent in the lounge!

YET IT’S MORE THAN CHILDCARE – no need to be ‘supernanny’ or choose a career in childcare, just be a big sister and part of the family!

LIFE SKILLS – from navigating local transport to time management & cooking! And maybe a new language too! You will become more independent, self-confident & open minded

CAREER – Au pair experience will look great on your CV whatever you chose for your future!

Apply For This Job

Already have an account? Log in here.
For age verification we ask that you share your year of birth.
This section should be used for a cover letter or a brief introduction.
Resume
One file only.
4 MB limit.
Allowed types: txt doc docx pdf.
I have read and consent to the Go Overseas Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.