Who we are
Seedstars is an organisation headquartered in Switzerland with operations in emerging markets. By connecting key stakeholders, transferring knowledge, supporting the development of innovative solutions and investing and/or building companies, the group’s goal is to improve people's lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship.
About the Content Team
This is a central team in Seedstars in charge of the design and execution of content to grow and engage our community. It also works on supporting the delivery of our products to our customers and beneficiaries. Content, along with Brand, make up the communication tribe in Seedstars.
About the job
Your main objective will be to generate and implement a content strategy that encompasses the goals of the company and aligns with the company's brand image. You are a creative content writer and producer who understands Seedstars business model and are prepared to develop the content strategy of the company. This job can be done remotely.
Primary day to day responsibilities:
• Serve as editor-in-chief for all content to ensure quality, clarity and consistency.
• Develop Seedstars’ unique sound and voice in podcasting and video production.
• Create and maintain a content marketing calendar that covers all aspects of the production, delivery and distribution of content throughout the year.
• Collaborate and manage a team of contractors and freelancers (writers, graphic designers, videographers, and other industry professionals).
• Oversee the work of the content production team and management of targeted content for the company's online channels.
• Manage the production of the company’s audio-visual content including podcasts, educational and promotional videos.
• Write, edit, and publish content for the company blog including lead generation e-books, guides, whitepapers, reports.
• Support sales and partnership teams with content and materials to help them close the deals and onboard new clients.
• At least 4 years of experience in a similar role
• Previous experience in content production ideally on one of the following topics: sustainable economic development, capacity building & training, environment & climate change, gender equality & women’s empowerment, human rights, governance and migration.
• Excellent verbal and written English
• Expertise in journalism and storytelling and production of video and podcasts
• Experience with social media engagement strategies and best practices
• Strong skills in creating original content that targets a specific audience and meets company objective
• Great ability to calmly handle several production pipelines at the same time under pressure
• Strategic and creative thinker that can conceive fresh and appealing ideas for new content
Why do our team members say they love working with us?
• We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
• You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
• You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
• We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
• We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- editor-in-chief; content marketing; journalism; English