- communication skills
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are fluent English speakers & love working with children.
We’ve been running English immersion camps in France since 1994!
Our English Language Counselors live at our immersion camps, scattered in the countryside across France. They lead activities & English classes for French children between the ages of 7 & 17 years old. Counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care.
- Are you a team player, organized, and able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids)?
- Are you capable of organizing activities: sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games?
- Are you excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers?
- Are you creative and excited about brainstorming as a team?
- Are you receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in and outside of the classroom?
The average contract length is 4 – 8 weeks.
We are seeking counselors for the following dates in 2021 :
Overnight camps (housing provided):
• Autumn: 2 – 5 week positions starting: September 30th or October 7th, 2021
Day camp in Paris (no housing provided) :
• Autumn : October 23rd to November 5th, 2021
- Required experience: camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
- Native speaker of English with a high school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country or Fluent C1 Level English with corresponding certificate.
- Correct grammar and spelling on application
- Knowledge of north American or British history and culture, preferably through travel or studies
- 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors. A typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old.
- Clear criminal history
- Must be an European national or a non-EU national who lives in France and possesses a French work authorisation for any type of employment for the entire period of requested employment.
- All staff are required to wear a mask during the duration of employment
Read all the Covid & Camp information on the American Village recruitment website: https://www.job-americanvillage.com/en/coronavirus