**MYX CULTURAL PROGRAMMING MANAGER**
Hiring now for: Miami + Costa Rica + Medellin (Colombia) Fall 2021 Coming Soon: DC + Playa Del Carmen (Mexico) Spring 2022
Full time position, annual contract
Living options: live-in position (Private apartment)
*We are a new engine for personal, career, and community growth, remyxing education, service, and creative projects. We equip and inspire young people for personal fulfillment and collective impact.*
**MYX** is a purpose-driven co-living and learning community of online students and explorers. We provide the humanity, experience, and inspiration that online education lacks by offering real world projects, diverse cohorts, and global locations. We develop the skills and mindsets for life success, from self-discovery to moral leadership to social innovation. Students leave as changemakers with a sense of purpose, professional project experience, and a global network.
**Student experience** is anchored by 3 pillars: experience, based on local “impact challenges” with partners; wellbeing, based on a healthy culture and life coaching; and online, based on students’ distance learning programs.
Each MYX House hosts **6 leaders**: one House Dean, two Learning Leaders, two Culture & Community Managers and a Site Manager. As a true startup, everyone will be wearing many hats and like our students, we have a commitment to creative problem-solving!
The MYX Cultural Programming Manager will be tasked with planning and managing the calendar of programming and events, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, assisting with event marketing, monitoring timeframes and budgets, networking, and delivering on event brief objectives. Your creativity, organizational skills, and vision will assist our organization in amplifying brand visibility, enhancing client and employee relations, and improve our organization's growth through events that effectively communicate business strategy and brand personality.
● To share your skill, passion and purpose
● Curate world class cultural programming to inspire Gen Z
● Creative exploration through MYX programming pillars; Adventure, Ignite, Play, The Arts
● Facilitating workshop series that support the mission and unique on site-curriculum.
● Lead the creation of events that build community, boost participation and brand
● Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals
● Create activities for physical and spiritual growth
● Coordinating all outside speakers and digital conferencing
● Handling budgeting and invoicing
● Liaising and negotiating with vendors
● Negotiating and securing local perks and benefits for the students
● Handling logistics
● Updating operations and management
● Developing event feedback surveys
● Handling post-event reports
● Assist in the implementation of site rules and regulations
● Act and respond appropriately when situations impacting student health, safety, and security arise.
**Working as a Team:**
The success of each MYX house will require ongoing collaboration between the LLs and CCLs to deliver a transformative student experience. While each person will have their own individual responsibilities, the larger team will meet regularly to support and assess our collective work. MYX students will be challenged to integrate different facets of their lives into a holistic experience; the leadership team will need to exhibit the same kind of interdependence. As James Baldwin wrote, “Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.” We fully anticipate that being a MYX leader will be a transformative experience in its own right. Each local MYX team will have the full support of headquarters in both preparation and execution of their work. They will also have access to parallel Leaders at other sites for support.
For more information on MYX, please click here: https://docsend.com/view/gvgfandvdvd3mhhz to view an overview presentation.