**MYX HOUSE DEAN **
Miami + Costa Rica + Medellin (Colombia) Fall 2021
Coming Soon: DC + Playa Del Carmen (Mexico) Spring 2022
Full time position, annual contract
Living options: live-in position (Private apartment) or live-out with housing stipend
*We are a new engine for personal, career, and community growth, remyxing education, service, and creative projects. We equip and inspire young people for personal fulfillment and collective impact.*
**MYX** is a purpose-driven co-living and learning community of online students and explorers. We provide the humanity, experience, and inspiration that online education lacks by offering real world projects, diverse cohorts, and global locations. We develop the skills and mindsets for life success, from self-discovery to moral leadership to social innovation. Students leave as changemakers with a sense of purpose, professional project experience, and a global network.
**Student experience** is anchored by 3 pillars: experience, based on local “impact challenges” with partners; wellbeing, based on a healthy culture and life coaching; and online, based on students’ distance learning programs.
Each MYX House hosts **6 leaders**: one House Dean, two Learning Leaders, two Culture & Community Managers and a Site Manager. As a true startup, everyone will be wearing many hats and like our students, we have a commitment to creative problem-solving!
The MYX Dean serves as the leader of our local houses. They are responsible for managing learning, culture, and safety. Both Learning Leaders and Culture & Community Managers report to the Dean. The Dean will report to the Director of Education Design. We expect House Deans to stay at one MYX location for at least a year, before moving within the MYX ecosystem if they desire.
* Create the future of higher education: personalized, experiential, and impactful
* Ensure MYX is a welcomed neighbor, on the road to becoming a community pillar
* Develop a partnership ecosystem with a range of stakeholders, from businesses to schools to NGOs, in support of our Impact Challenge framework
* Create a campus culture based on our values, learning pillars, and principles
* Find the connective tissue between cohorts, connecting students
* Model and share your skill, passion and purpose
* Oversee the first-time implementation of our hybrid educational experience in the aspirational context of our mission and the practical context of a new model
* Be lead ambassador for Myx House, performing appropriate relationship building, networking, and other public-facing tasks, especially in support of Impact Challenge
* Oversee implementation of all site rules and regulations, and be the ultimate on-the- ground decision maker in any and all situations impacting health, safety, and security.
* Oversee all direct reports with weekly one on one meetings and team meetings
* Oversee weekly success meeting regarding students, cohorts, projects
* Work closely with site manager (real estate counterpart) to ensure smooth operations
* Recruit and retain faculty, supporting and assessing their work in collaboration with Head of Experience Design and Head of Culture
* Meetings with your internal leadership team to manage curriculum and culture
* Regular meetings with DIrector of Education Design, Head of Culture, and Head of Experience Design
* Bi-weekly meetings with other House Deans to share best practices across locations
* Regular meetings with risk management team to support work on the ground
* Weekly parent communication (newsletter) and parent phone calls when requested
* Run weekly seminars of MYX’s life hacks curriculum.
* Financial record keeping
* Creation of site specific protocols and procedures
* Participating, when requested, in the writing and editing of program materials, advertising materials, catalog copy, country information.
* Maintaining up-to-date program contingency plans, based on current and reliable information concerning health and safety risks of the local environment.
* Communicating emergency procedures and protocols to student participants, program staff, and local partners.
* Providing culturally appropriate strategies and advice to maximize safety and well-being.
* Managing program administration and operations in compliance with local laws and regulations.
**Working as a Team:**
The success of each MYX house will require ongoing collaboration between the LLs and CCLs to deliver a transformative student experience. While each person will have their own individual responsibilities, the larger team will meet regularly to support and assess our collective work. MYX students will be challenged to integrate different facets of their lives into a holistic experience; the leadership team will need to exhibit the same kind of interdependence. As James Baldwin wrote, “Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.” We fully anticipate that being a MYX leader will be a transformative experience in its own right. Each local MYX team will have the full support of headquarters in both preparation and execution of their work. They will also have access to parallel Leaders at other sites for support.
For more information on MYX, please [click here](https://docsend.com/view/gvgfandvdvd3mhhz) to view an overview presentation.