- • Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a field related to business, sales or marketing.
- The position is temporary, with a total duration of three months (with the possibility of staying longer). The position is unpaid but a monthly stipend will be provided as well as all food, accommodation and excursions off island.
Volunteer Sales and Marketing Specialist
Help lead and develop our sales and marketing department for our eight-bedroom guest house situated on the local island on Naifaru in the beautiful Maldives.
Do you have experience working within sales and marketing perhaps in a hotel or hospitality environment? Are you looking for the opportunity to offer your skills and knowledge in these areas to a developing business in a remote part of the world? Would you like to live and work in paradise? We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking volunteer sales and marketing specialist to help us develop our newly opened guest house here in Naifaru, Maldives.
Naifaru is the capital of Lhaviyani Atoll, an idyllic paradise sat in the Indian Ocean. The island is 141 kilometres north of Male and has a total landmass is 55.5 hectares. Although English is widely spoken the national language is Dhivehi. The island is home to approximately 5,000 people.
The island’s economy is based on fishing, retail and a fledgling tourism sector. Life on Naifaru is no different to any other busy city with shops, schools, restaurants, a hospital and activity and sight-seeing facilities. Despite the modern way of life, the people of Naifaru keep their traditional values and vibrant heritage alive. They are family oriented, hardworking, kind and extremely welcoming. Visitors should bear in mind that the Maldives is an Islamic country and their rules and beliefs should be respected at all times.
• Day to day management of reservation systems, taking bookings and answering customer queries
• Sell and organise excursions for our guests including snorkeling, fishing, scuba diving trips
• Give advice to guests on local eateries and places of interest
• Sell and organise airport transfers
• Execute and support customer service standards and hotel’s brand standards
• Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services
• Outreach and networking to booking agencies to increase reservations, form partnerships and expand our customer database.
• Help with building a new business from the ground up by working closely with property owner and local staff
• Give advice to colleagues on how to develop our brand and increase customer satisfaction
• Train a local intern to ensure the development and career security of the local community
• Manage properties accounts
• Create and develop a strong social media presence
• Research competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy
• Give support to property management
• Develop strong partnerships with local organizations to further increase brand/product awareness
• Develop and maintain strong community and public relations
Education and Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a field related to business, sales or marketing or a minimum of two years’ experience working within similar job roles.
Ideal Candidate Will Be…
• Comfortable living in a remote and hot location
• Understanding and respectful of local culture
• Happy to work within a small team
• Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment or confirmation of booked quarantine accommodation.
Please apply by emailing your CV and covering letter to email@example.com