- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university. (Essential)
- Intermediate spoken and written Spanish. (Essential)
- Fluent English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to relocate to Felipe Carrillo Puerto for a minimum of 1 year (accommodation provided).
- Interest in languages and cultures. (Essential)
- Proactive work ethic. (Essential)
- Strong attention to detail. (Essential)
- Advanced Spanish (Desired)
- 1+ years of project or program management/leadership experience. (Desired)
- CRM software experience, Salesforce or other similar. (Desired)
- Experience with Mexican/Latin American culture. (Desired)
- Local salary dependent on experience.
- Furnished accommodation for the duration of your contract.
- Electricity, internet/wi-fi and running water.
- 4 weeks paid holiday
- Loan of a bicycle for local travel.
- Support with the working visa application process.
- 5 language classes if required, and further discounted classes available.
The Spanish and Maya Program Manager works with their small bilingual (Spanish/English) team to offer our immersion and online students the very best experience from the moment of first contact through to the end of their classes and beyond.
Overseeing our ever-evolving language program is a challenging but rewarding role and is a fantastic opportunity for someone with great people and organizational skills, administrative expertise, and creativity. This position also needs someone with innovative ideas on how to attract and build partnerships to bring in more students and groups. We have families, couples, retirees, students, young professionals, and groups join us, so every visit is unique.
Every day will be different, and the position will require agility as well initiative, with your abilities to both delegate and respond to the unexpected quickly and decisively being key to success.
Typical daily duties will include:
Overseeing the responses to prospective student and group inquiries.
Overseeing student pre-arrival processes, including billing and accommodation assignments.
Managing teacher and class schedules.
Maintaining and building the relationships with our network of homestay families and providers.
Acting as the face of Na’atik for students during their visit, with daily check-ins and being available to handle any issues which might arise.
Working with the language teachers to keep the curriculum and didactic materials organized and up to date.
Working with our Marketing and Communications Director to create dynamic promotional strategies to help our program grow, and keep our website, reviews pages and other online communities up-do-date.
Planning and arranging excursions and other student activities.
Reaching out to organizations and businesses to promote links and increase student numbers.
Overseeing our online study program.
Building relationships with local businesses to improve our student activity and excursion offerings.
Creating new ways to keep current and past immersion and online students active in our local English language non-profit programs.
Assisting in local school promotion and events.
Ensuring accuracy of data on our CRM (Customer Record Management) software.
Working with the other members of the management team to provide support and development to other staff.
Please send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also ask that you include a cover letter detailing why you would make a great candidate for this role and why you are interested in working in the part of Mexico with Na’atik. Applications without cover letters or applications from agencies will not be considered.
We anticipate the position commencing at the beginning of February 2023, with a final start date subject to discussion with the right candidate.