- At least 21 years old within the calendar year
- Experience working with teens
- Experience living, traveling or working in one or more of our destinations
- Able to attend a staff training weekend in early June 2024 in the United States (Pocono Mountains northern Pennsylvania) or attend virtually if you are unable to travel.
- All staff are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Travel compensation
- Role model to teens
- Meals paid for
We prefer applicants who have spent time in and have acquired intimate knowledge of the locations where we travel. Experience working with 12- to 19-year-olds is a must. Applicants must possess proven leadership skills. We seek out flexible individuals who work well on a team, have great stamina, and are physically fit. A clear head in unusual circumstances and an ability to change roles quickly is important.
Staff must expect to have little private time and to share rooms with other staff. Time off is limited and is managed by the Trip Director on a case by case basis.
Counselor responsibilities include, but are not limited to: executing the program itinerary, ensuring the safety of the group, encouraging social cohesion and setting a positive tone at all times, on-site teaching, making sure that the participants are having the time of their lives, and a wide variety of errands, tasks, and odd jobs.