- Citizen of one of the following: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, EU.
- Must be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa.
- Be between the ages of 18-30* years old
- Must be outside of Australia for the visa application process.
- Be a native English speaker or have near-native fluency.
- Adventure welcome week in Sydney
- 6 months of international medical insurance
- 1-on-1 job assistance service, support, and advice
- Bank account set up prior to arrival
- Cellphone setup, Australian SIM card
- Resources and support for finding permanent housing
Most of your job opportunities will be in the Sydney area and in the southern region of Australia around Melbourne, Brisbane, and Cairns. Resort and agriculture jobs are offered in the Northern Territory, New South Wales, Queensland, and Victoria. Greenheart Travel’s partner has professional relationships with trusted employers around Australia who pay fair wages and alert us whenever they have positions available.
What are the most common job types?
Hospitality, customer service, and office work are by far the most common job type as Australian companies report that the high level of service in the US and Canada tends to produce workers who are well-suited for these types of positions.
Seasonal work in amusement parks, resorts, and on offshore cruises, etc. are great positions for more consistent and long-term jobs (3-6 months) where jobs in restaurants, bars, hostels, and hotels are widely available for shorter contracts.
Working on farms and WWOOFing (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms) are also popular among Working Holiday travelers who want to experience a different type of work outside of a city.