The program is intended for students who would like to improve their English language skills before beginning their undergraduate or graduate studies at Tel Aviv University or elsewhere. Students should have high intermediate to advanced level proficiency in English.
The program focuses on reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills in academic contexts. Topics covered include building academic vocabulary, reading more efficiently, writing academic papers, listening to lectures and note-taking, participating in seminar discussions, and delivering oral presentations. Students will also be guided in library and research skills. The courses are taught by qualified and experienced teachers who specialize in teaching English for academic purposes. The courses are taught in small classes.
- Building academic vocabulary.
- Becoming familiar with typical academic text types and resources.
- Applying appropriate reading strategies for different purposes.
- Developing the ability to access and integrate information from a variety of academic sources.
- Writing clear and accurate English.