1. The “Local Experience”: Stayed in a campsite located in the middle of the forest, atleast 30 minutes away from the nearest village, a life without mobiles and tablets, woken up at dawn everyday by the pet rooster; enjoyed the local diet of rice and zebu(local cattle) meat; hiked daily among the mountains, passing by charming always smiling local villagers scampering by.
2. Expanded my knowledge database exponentially: I am originally from a Biology background, and I have been able to gain so much more knowledge about the endemic species of Madagascar and the ecology.
3. Accumulated valuable Survey Skills: Performed surveys in the forests of Nosy Komba. This was also a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me to observe the endemic species of Madagascar in their undisturbed natural habitat.
4. Met people from…everywhere!- From Canada to Australia, Iceland to Columbia!
5. Fun Fun Fun: This volunteering trip has been possibly the best experience of my life till now.
A big thank you to MRCI :D