Manuel Antonio

Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

I m so beyond grateful I had the opportunity to go guide those children. Volunteering was amazing yet challenging in many ways. For one the language barrier was a real thing. I am beginner level spanish speaker and the children are beginner level english speakers. You go in thinking that you are going to help them but yet they are the ones that actually help you the most. They taught me more patience than I already thought I had and taught me more spanish then I thought they would. The were all so kind, loving, appreciative and eager to learn which made my heart so incredibly happy. Seeing children want to further their education and knowledge of the world is what drives me to be a better person myself. Future participants should know that at first it may be overwhelming and that it is okay to feel this way. Just always keep an open mind and do not be afraid to ask questions and not know the answer.

The program was awesome in my opinion and does not really need improvements. I would say though we should promote more on fundraising for this project in order to give back and help out with anything these locations may need.
Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would
Year Completed
2018
Media
Photos

Provider Response

Hi Madison - It sounds like you really connected with the children in Costa Rica! Thank you for spending your time helping them and in-turn learning from them as well. Rachel - IVHQ Program Manager.