View Other Details
The price includes: • 7 nights in a cabin with breakfast, lunch and dinner on the farm • 5 days onsite training with 4 hours per day including lectures, instruction and practice • Afternoons and an extra day free to explore Mizque • Certificate specifying techniques learnt
In this course, we wish to enable participants to produce healthy food, become more self-sufficient with energy, and produce a surplus of fertilizers which can be easily sold or traded. Combining these elements provides a means to live sustainably. We believe that our bodies and minds are equally important and a part of nature so we included techniques and strategies to encourage self-care practices. Simon has been studying and actively practicing permaculture for 15 years. The opportunity to learn hands-on from the projects on his land is a valuable opportunity.
- An introduction to permaculture • How to plan a land from the beginning • How to make an instant garden
- How to plant a garden • How to design a food forest • Water management and watering techniques • Three types of composting (Bokashi, aerobic and hot composting)
- How to make two liquid fertilizers to sell for a profit • How to integrate animals into vegetable production • Alternative, energy saving technologies (solar oven, rocket stove, solar water heater)
- Yoga routine for back health (sun salutations) • Chinese kinesiology for healthy living • Upper and lower back techniques to alleviate back pains and migraines
- Bonus: community building lecture and tools