3MUGIS summer school is an annual event, which addresses current environmental consequences and opportunities of urbanization with special emphasis on soil functions. The event is organized under the umbrella of the International Union of Soil Science (IUSS), RUDN University (Russia) and the Urban Soil Institute (USA) with strong cooperation from universities, institutions and research teams from around the world.
The 3MUGIS-2020 will be held online via ZOOM platform 3-13 July 2020. Links to lectures and seminars, as well as school teaching materials, will be sent to registered participants by e-mail.The program include lectures and seminars by the top-level scientists and practitioners, lifehacks on Scientific writing skills as well as life broadcasts from the 3MUGIS-2021 field tour sites.
At the end of the program, students will better understand ecology and biogeochemistry of urban soils and plants, advances in monitoring and modeling of urban soils and green infrastructures.
- Urban soils and green infrastructure at each of the region will be studied in comparison to natural references.
- Each participant has the opportunity to gain competence in the field of various methods of soil analysis, temperature measurements, green parameters within collecting data, observations and analytical work.
- 3MUGIS-2020 participants will receive 1 ECTS, recognized by educational programs worldwide.
- Lectures and seminars by the top-level scientists and practitioners organized in thematic blocks
- Lifehacks on Scientific writing skills by Prof. Yakov Kuzyakov (one of the most cited soil scientists) and Prof. Michael Leuchner (for many years an Editor of Springer Nature)