Robin Goralka

Go Overseas Writer

Member for

5 years 2 months

Robin is a graduate of UC Berkeley, where, in addition to getting her degree in English Literature, she served on the executive slate for the Queer Alliance and Resource Center. She currently lives in an LGBTQ cooperative house. She studied abroad for a semester in Bordeaux, France and next fall will be returning to France to teach English in a small city. She also enjoys vegetarian baking, comic books, and watching professional cycling. Find Robin on Google+.

Travel Experience
15+ Countries
Robin

Well, first of all, Rivendell is absolutely gorgeous! I can't imagine a more beautiful place to study. Although I was left to work pretty much on my own, the immense library resources more than made up for the lack of academic support. Also, the elves I met there were some of the most hospitable people I've ever met. I'll always remember the nights we spent singing and telling stories.

Getting to Rivendell itself was quite dangerous! My ranger guide was competent, but I still didn't feel completely safe! Also, if you do any of the Middle-earth programs, be prepared for /lots/ of walking!
Robin

First off, I've got to say that campus life at MU is great! I rushed a sorority my first semester there (Go HSS!), and my sisters were there for me every step of the way. Moreover, it was such a thrill to be studying at a legendary institution like MU. They had a bunch of scaring techniques that we don't use at my school, so it was great to get an international perspective on the scaring industry. I only wish I could've stayed longer.

They could have provided more support for international students - I was pretty taken aback by the rigor of the scaring school.