View Other Details
World Endeavors offers exciting programs that allow participants to experience Cambodia while contributing to the community in a meaningful way. Volunteers can choose from a variety of immersive, unique and rewarding community engagement projects, like Temple Conservation, Mangrove Conservation, or Teaching children from poorer backgrounds at a remote school!
Once known as the Khmer empire, Cambodia is perhaps best known for its monumental temples, especially Angkor Wat. It is a country of incredible beauty, scattered with these temples, fertile rice fields and a rich and interesting history. Following its independence from France, Cambodia experienced years of civil war, turmoil and political corruption, as well as suffering from its involvement in the Vietnam war. Despite this dark history, Cambodia is an extraordinary country and has prevailed due to what has been described as the unbreakable spirit of the Cambodian people.
Video and Photos
- Take part in a culturally immersive program that combines volunteering and community engagement.
- Make new friends with people from all over the world and broaden your international network.
- Choose from a range of projects close to your heart, in fields like community development, environmental conservation, health education, teaching, and youth sports coaching.
- Preserve ancient history with our Temple Conservation project, and assist local teams charged with preserving the temples around Banteay Chhmar, some of which have been hidden and covered by the forest, causing them to remain mostly undiscovered.
- Teach English to the motivated students who attend our school in remote Cambodia! Work together with our local teachers to prepare engaging, enriching lessons for the students.