Volunteer at China's first and only non-profit college!

The Volunteer program at Guizhou Forerunner college is a one-year program. Volunteers from across the globe join us in Guizhou to fulfill the local rural students' dreams of obtaining affordable higher education. Most volunteers assume English teacher positions, but our college is also looking for people with talents to contribute to the professional training of our students or extracurriculum activities (such as musical instrument, other foreign languages, gym management, etc) The majors offered to the Chinese students include Hotel Management, Smart Phone Repair and Production, Internet Marketing, Pre-school English Education,Tea Arts and Production, Ethnic Minority Heritage and Craftwork, Accounting.

Tom

Between Learning and Teaching

I was once a volunteer at GFC and this has been one of my most unforgettable experience. With the attractive natural environment, a team of passionate colleagues, and most importantly those intelligent and hard-working students, I enjoyed doing this job in such a beautiful campus.

I worked mostly as a teaching assistant, helping teachers with class logistics and conducting English tutoring. I also helped organize some learning activities, for example, everyday English corner. In addition to those underprivileged students with financial difficulties or visual impairment, we also provide training for middle school English teachers to enhance their speaking skills and teaching practices. Moreover, I even contributed to a variety of administrative issues, such as document translation, new report and so on.

It was such an exciting life at GFC with a group of kindhearted international volunteers and exposure to local minority culture.

Since it is newly built school, it will take some time to systematize the teaching and learning practices.