View Other Details
3 – 12 weeks from £1950
Short dive trips
2 weeks from £1495
Expedition fees include:
- 3 meals a day cooked for you by local chefs
- Accommodation in beach front eco-huts
- Science training
- Daily Scuba diving
- Scuba training if necessary
- Scuba dive gear
Expedition fees do not include:
- Flights, insurance, visa costs or personal field and dive kit
Volunteer with Blue Ventures in the unique natural paradise of Atauro island in Timor-Leste and contribute to critical marine conservation in a country at the heart of the Coral Triangle, home to the highest diversity of marine life on earth.
The waters of Timor-Leste are a biodiversity hotspot and a global marine conservation priority, yet data on the status of the marine ecosystem is severely lacking. Blue Ventures’ volunteers assist our team of scientists with the collection of marine inventory data completing research dives in previously unsurveyed waters.
Expedition volunteers are at the heart of everything we do and we’d love to have you join us!
“It was the best experience money can buy and I want to go back in time to do it again.” Harrison Root, Timor-Leste volunteer
- Dive the most biodiverse reefs on the planet and contribute to their conservation!
- Survey the incredible whale and dolphins found around the island
- Experience Timorese culture through community programmes