View Other Details
3 time meals per day.
Transportation from the airport/ bus terminal/ train station in Malang to the base camp.
Local transportation during the forest patrol or sea patrol.
PROFAUNA Indonesia offers a volunteer programme for those who love natural adventures while carrying out lowland forest conservation activities. This programme is located in southern Malang, East Java, Indonesia. The location is about 60 km from the centre of Malang City.
South Malang is known for its many beautiful beaches. Many of the beaches are popular tourist destinations such as Sendangbiru, Sendiki, Balekambang, Goa Cina, Teluk Asmara, Bajul Mati, Tamban and many others. The PROFAUNA field office which is also a volunteer base camp is located near Sendiki Beach, one of the famous beaches in Malang.
The PROFAUNA field office programme in southern Malang focuses on the protection of Sempu Island Nature Reserve with BBKSDA (government authority dealing with the issues of nature conservation areas), social forestry, bird monitoring and conservation education for local communities.
Video and Photos
- Forest patrol or sea patrol with PROFAUNA Rangers.
- Sea turtle monitoring on the beaches in southern Malang.
- Helping with the release of sea turtle hatchlings to the sea, if any.
- Bird Monitoring in the lowland forests.
- Conservation education for schools for local communities.