Become a Global Health Volunteer in the Philippines!

Athena (red) and Morgan (blue) with the children from the Canossa Health Clinic in Tondo, Manila of the Philippines
Vaccination day at the Rural Health Clinic.
Community visit with local workers. I was able to assist in taking vitals.
The beautiful views of Cavite!
The beautiful views of Cavite!
A group of volunteers enjoying the gorgeous views of Project Cavite!
A group of volunteers enjoying the gorgeous views of Project Cavite!
The neighborhood of Cavite.
The neighborhood of Cavite.
Volunteers having fun outside of a local school!
Volunteers having fun outside of a local school!

FIMRC's Project Cavite, located on the southern shores of Manila Bay, focuses on bringing improved quality care and health education to the province.

Project Cavite thrives on the efforts of volunteers, all of whom contribute to the current needs and initiatives on-site. Whether you're giving a diabetes health education session to community members, hiking through the community with Barangay Health Workers to conduct home health visits, or spending the afternoon taking vital signs in a rural clinic, your efforts allow us to better serve the residents of Cavite and the surrounding communities. Volunteers also play a vital role working in a pediatric cancer center in Manila. Volunteers provide emotional support to the children and their families there through games and arts and crafts!

FIMRC is proud to be a grassroots sustainable organization. Volunteer with FIMRC and make an impact with an organization that's working in the community even long after your trip!

Enroll now for the Summer International Health Fellowship!

Spots are filling up fast for our summer fellowship in several of our locations! Click below to learn more!

Sahar

Where's the repeat button?!!?

When I think of Philipines, the first three words that pop up in my head are bucket baths (tabo), fresh air, and home. The SHIF fellowship allowed me to gain hands-on experience as I shadowed doctors and provided service clinics in Manila. This program removed all doubts I had to invest my life in the medical career. After this trip, I realized I was interested in international health care. The familial aspect of the Philippines made it very comforting to transition into the environment. If I ever have the chance I will do it all over again!

Better meals and ensuring filter water is served!
Athena

Trip of a Lifetime

I went to the Philippines for the summer health fellowship and it was the most eye opening experience I've ever had. Not only did I have cultural immersion and got to experience the food, language, and lived the way they did, but the medical portion was more that what I could have gotten in the United States. They taught me how to take blood pressure and identify minor problems in patients. I got to work in the TB clinic with hundreds of patients and help with screening. At one point they let me inspect the septum samples for the bacillus causing TB. The people were amazing and were so welcoming to me giving them screenings for heart disease. If i have enough time I'll definitely do it again. Best experience Ever.

Air conditioning please!!!
Dalila

A Life Changing Experience

Project Cavite was my first abroad medical trip, and I loved it. I really hold it near and dear to me, and already am trying to figure out when I can travel back there. I am interested in medicine, so I figured this trip would help me gain a better appreciation for healthcare and how it functions outside the US. I honestly expected to do a lot of medical things in the clinic, and that's exactly what the Fields Operations Manager granted me with the opportunity to do. She spoke with me once I arrived, and asked what I was interested in and from there she geared the trip around that. So if you're more into Public health, and project management they are able to expose you to that. They made it very clear that it was my experience and wanted it to be as enriching as possible. I wish I would've stayed longer than 2 weeks because time flies. It was life changing and only reinforced my want to enter the healthcare field.

I was the first volunteer for Project Cavite, and had to utilize public transportation. Although a fun experience, it was very exhausting transferring from one vehicle to another. I spoke to the program about it, and they were able to secure private transportation for future volunteers!

About Foundation for International Medical Relief of Children

The Foundation for International Medical Relief of Children (FIMRC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the health of families in the developing world through innovative and self-sustainable health programs. Operating since 2002, we...