View Other Details
Located in the middle of a Mediterranean valley surrounded by hills, overlooking the Azahar golden coastline, between the ancient villages of Peniscola and Benicassim, you find “Wild Spirit Community”. The project´s aims are many; from the conservation and reforestation of the original Mediterranean vegetation, to promote environmental education through alternative ways of living focused on permaculture principles, sustainable projects, arts and multi-cultural workshops as if this little piece of heaven was a place of learning, showing how it´s possible to live in harmony with nature. There's loads of spots on site where you can re-connect to nature, watch the stars glowing in the inky countryside´s long sky, encircled by the magical sparkle of a few candles, the sound of wild boars, foxes and birds echoing in the immense valleys, while exchanging learnings about agroecology, self-reliance, and green energy.
- Plant with your own hands a new coming forest and a next generation of natural wonders
- Take a course of permaculture life & technics, healing plants, self-reliance, agroecology, gardening, woodwork, bio construction, upcycling.
- Be surrounded by people who have your same visions and goals, and feel at home as if they were your soul family.
- Experience the wild, stargazing the immense dark sky, around a fire with only the moonlight reflecting over the countryside fields.
- Open your mind and heart, while learning new languages!
Evergreen forest covered most of the land of the Mediterranean region. It is difficult to believe this today when the varied landscape consists of orchards, cultivated fields, grassy plains, hills with scattered stands of pine, expanses of low brushwood and barren, stony desert. What we see today is the result from the activities of all great civilizations which, over thousands of years, have inhabited the countries of the Mediterranean. Forest were cut down for timber and the scrub cut for firewood and for animal fodder; large areas were cleared for cultivation. In many places the plant cover vanished completely so that the bare fertile soil was washed or blown away. In such area the land has become barren and completely unproductive. Yet, we are in time to change this dramatic scenery and turn those lands into a lush forest once again, with the help of the whole community and volunteers who can be also part of a new generation of natural wonders!